Chapter XXXXXIV

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶    Up in Flames    ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

At'anau bolted for the clouds, biting her tongue to keep her focus as anxiety was ready to sting her eyes with tears. 

In one word described the girl was scared, she didn't have a death wish yet knew she was taking a shot in the dark. 

Closing her eyes for a second she grounded herself on the Ikran who continued going straight up. She had the advantage of being on her customised ride, but was selfless to put the animal's life at risk as well. 

She had both lives in her hand, but the loyal animal made sure the girl knew it held hers with much value as well. 

Holding her bow and arrow she felt herself falling back to her old habits. Loading the weapon came as smooth as she dove in the water and her aim with the resistance of the air was almost welcoming her back to her old ways. 

It gave her confidence, to know she still knew the ways of her home and the way they protected it from the Sky People's attempts to colonise it multiple times. 

She reminded herself she knew how the gunships where built and quickly remember the weak spots of the machines. 

War was already going on beneath her and she decided she would stay up in the air to spot the ships and take them down as she had always been assigned to. 

Breaking through the clouds the animal levelled itself back so they sat horizontally and the girl perked up her ears as she looked far her line of vision. 

Coming from above the ships beneath her wouldn't see her attack even if they did look up. At'anau soon braced herself when the war noise grew closer, she was near to the battle field and had to dismantle the different noises around her to locate herself. 

Her ears turning back indicated herself a threat was at her back and soon she turned her animal back, looping around. 

On the bed of clouds behind her, a gunship had met in her bound, and she quickly dodged the bullets it fired, lining back to its face while they reloaded and she counted her seconds, shifting to the side when the pilot fired once more. 

Diving down in the fog  the girl pulled her arrow back and tasted a glimpse of the actual war unfolding beneath her. 

Her counted seconds later, she spiralled up, emerging up the back of the ship. With the Ikran looping on its back, At'anau arched hers and aimed her poison laced arrow at the head of the plane. 

With a grunt the arrow flew, pierced the glass and impaled the pilot who abandoned ship while pierced inside of it. 

The shuttle lost way and disappeared in the white, crashing down where At'anau couldn't see. 

Satisfied, but nervous for the havoc beneath her she continued hovering over the clouds. 

The gunships were beneath them and she continued shadowing over them as she used the sound for locating. 

Taking a leap in the dark she had lightly illuminated At'anau dove down, pulled the arrow back and didn't lose a second in her aim. 

Again the shuttle crashed, this time against a boulder causing it to erupt in flames.