Chapter: XXXXXIX

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶      The Moon's Blood       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

!TW/ GORE 

Through the waters the girl carried heavy, the title of the oldest. The protector. Something she only did with Neteyam by her side.

With him gone, At'anau didn't fathom remaining as if half of her hadn't been stripped away. The thought of moving on and getting beyond the harm done wouldn't dare to cross her mind as she sped towards the source that would quench the thirst for blood driven by the crimson that stained her hands.  

Well aware this wouldn't bring back her brother, she was going to remove all of the demons that dared to return to her home and destroy it. 

At'anau dreaded the future and its effects. Her brother who was one to many as well would be gone and no one would ever get close to fulfilling his role. 

At'anau, an identical copy of the boy, feared the fact she couldn't hold what her brother had handed her down. 

That she couldn't protect Tuk as he did.

Take the blame for Lo'ak, as he did.

Comfort Kiri, like he did.

Or stand by their parents, as he did.

At'anau knew she couldn't be the big brother her siblings needed. The other half she needed.

She couldn't do this without him.

She would never be able to do anything like him, but wouldn't do anything the way the girl was about to either. 

Her hot skin broke the glistening surface of the dark waters. Her bioluminescent dots extinct as she only blended in with the dark void beneath her. 

Yellow eyes luring from down up to the ship, she searched for any sign of damned life. Her parents had made it towards the ship much sooner than her, yet she could hear them still in battle from her left. 

The vengeful girl had no description of the man that murdered her brother, nor did she know his status. Therefore the only solution would be to let no one remain alive on the ship, just to be sure. 

There would only be the faded sound of waters rippling before a tall soldier was stabbed in the neck. Bullets sparred the way as a colleague had turned, the girl's blade serating the naked stomach by the movement of his turn as the girl kept the weapon he fired with away from her range. 

Guts dripping to the floor, At'anau forced the man to choke on his blood as he palmed his own intestines before dropping down. 

The sound of bullets flying had sent everyone on the ship who caught it on edge as the girl had set herself up for another target, which in her case only ringed her bell. 

Human people and a blue skinned impostors held their weapons high, on edge of the parents seeking their bloodshed and now aware of a third threat present.