Chapter: XXXXXVIII

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶       The Devil's Advocate      ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Neteyam's gut dropped at the sight of the sister he had let go, but the bullets flying through the air forced him to keep his head down.

The girl, rolling on her stomach, watching the water beneath her come closer until the calling of the animal screaming for her became louder than the waves reaching to pull her down. 

At'anau looked to her side as the green colour arrived like a mist. Before her skin could collide with the surface the banshee snatched her from the air. 

At'anau screamed at the force on her arm and watched from the claws she hung from a second animal fly behind her. Squinting her eye she looked at the individual hanging from the animal. 

Her eyes widened at the recognition of the voice screaming to be let go. At'anau looked up at the rider of the banshee and choked on her scream as she realised the clothed stranger was one of the unknown that finally succeeded in capturing her and the sister while they had almost made it out. 

Reaching the front of the ship the two dropped both bodies on the hard pavement. 

Kiri, again tried to run for it, only for the banshee to latch her claws around her shoulders and pin her to the floor. 

"Kiri!" 

The girl, grabbed by her braid, called out for her sister in between her clenched teeth. 

"get up, buttercup" the bald man snickered as she lifted Kiri up with both her arms behind her back. 

"I'm not your buttercup," she cursed at him "perv"

At'anau only kept her eyes to her sister and the man escorting her. 

"Keep 'em separated," the man called out for the one who held onto the oldest "They bite." 

At'anau's heart beat quickly as her breathing was fast while she resisted the movement her limbs were forced in. testing the strength of the man the girl knew better than to fight him hand to hand, without any weapons the soldier seemed to be wrapped in. 

Her eyes were on the sky as she was forcefully brought to the railing her brother had been tied up to. Remains of the orange cuffs still stuck on the poles. 

 "That your doin'?" the girl tripped, or was tripped, face directly in the evidence and she only bared her teeth by the hostility. 

With her her back turned the man tied both her upper arms from behind her to the poles, forcing her to watch the sister in the same situation on her knees and having no power in changing it. 

Her brother must have left the ship by now, there were no sounds or signs of behaviour the soldier at their level were aware of trespassers. 

The air started feeling cold on her skin, and quickly the sky darkened. In search for her banshee in the skies the girl watched eclipse fold and she couldn't have wished to be at home any more than then. 

On the other side of the waters Jake watched his oldest son.

"Dad, A-" His final thought left unspoken as it costed him his soul to watch the sky his sister was waiting under. Jake watched life in his eyes drain as the burning flame flickered out.