Chapter III

°•. ❃ .•°
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Do Your Part  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Neteyam would be lying if he said he wasn't envious on how his sister was able to get away with most the things she did in comparison with the rest. But he would never snitch on her as long as he was the one she would go to first to ask him to tag along.

As all the kids grew up, At'anau became quieter, more serious and familiar with the rules. Not only did she do this in order to be mature, but she knew getting both their parents' trust was the key to being able to do everything.

She didn't rely on her sibling to not rat her out anymore as her parents became the first people she'd go to to tell the stories. And by stories they weren't war crimes. She'd tell them about soldiers she'd eyed during a hunt, what they did wrong, what they did right or what they could have done better. She talked about what she did wrong herself and how it frustrated her. She listened when her mother lectured her and showed understanding whenever she was put back in her place, after having learned to admit to have crossed the line when she did.

She became the child not to worry about. To them.

At'anau knew in order to be allowed to do anything her guardians' trust was the first thing she needed to fully obtain. She was still young, therefore it wasn't unusual for her to have to accept a no, but once it was given she obeyed her summons and stayed put. Knowing this too was the way to achieve responsibility and a potential yes in the future that would expand her version of freedom.

What she didn't take into consideration were the sky people trying to take that away from her and her people.

She heard many stories form her father about the demons crawling their grounds and his life as the dreamwalker, yet never assumed the day would come she'd play a part in them.

"Ground team go!"

The girl watched from the sky the warriors between the trees follow her father's orders and go straight for the tracks the humans once stationed in their green land. With the obtained moderate weapons from sky people themselves the clan bombed the only way the vehicle was supposed to pass on, letting pieces of it cut the air and burst into flames.

At'anau watched with her brothers the train pointlessly decelerate, desperate to stop, its restrictions screeching as banshees. The chain of convoys detached like a necklace, losing their course breaking down in the soil destroying its fauna and everything around before erupting, spreading shards around the earth.

Almost enjoyably the jets hovering not too high above the now wrecking train adopted the flames of the convoy and engulfed them.

On their Ikran the chief's children stayed on a fairly secure distance with their group in order to cover more of the picture and spot anything hostile. At'anau looked at the clan member closest to her, older than her and undoubtedly more capable who was already watching her, expectant of an order.

Unfamiliar with the sight she nodded, responding and watched as the sky warrior indulged herself in the battle followed by a couple others as she stayed high up with her siblings and watched the Ikran they all could recognise as their father's soar through wrecks, taking down war demons and dropping them from high in the sky to their afterlife.

At'anau kept her focus on being a spotter as the last aircraft plundered down puffing out a cloud of thick smoke and motioned her Ikran downwards just enough to scan the whole terrain.

As the ground team succeeded in deactivating the train filled with encased explosives they surrounded the crash-site and plundered the convoys of all the human crafted weapons.