CHAPTER 11

"The Decepticons are looking for the AllSpark"? Amalia asked.

"Its been years since they last went looking for it", Vector explained, pulling his seat to the front so his daughter could put her suitcase in the backseat. The only bulk in the bag was from the stiff padding sewn into it, seeing as it was technically a camper bag and not one meant for clothes, which were few in number.

Even Amalia herself hadn't realised just how many tops she actually had, all black and thankfully easy to fold and store despite one having frills (cute), one having ruffles (also cute) and another having rather stiff Maria Clara sleeves (cute but stupidly inconvenient when it came to folding). A few other items had been thrown into the bag as well, mainly a couple of pants, one good pair of jeans, two pairs of leggings and tights, a pair of boots and another pair of sneakers with thick woollen socks. A separate bag of toiletries were packed along as well.

"After Megatron was subdued, the Decepticons have been scattered and aimless", Sarissa explained as Bumblebee stopped near a gas station and allowed the Mini-Con femme and Amalia to step outside. "But they've been up to something lately".

"And what is that"? Amalia asked, pulling down her hood.

"A message from Soundwave", Sarissa replied, then handed her a tape, which she turned on.

"All Decepticons, mobilise", came Soundwave's deep, cold voice. "Revive Lord Megatron. Locate the Cube. Clue in external aid".

"The Cube"? Amalia pondered, handing the tape back to her mother.

"Primus knows who or what it is", Sarissa replied. "We haven't received any answers since Optimus refused to say anything".

"Why not"? Amalia asked.

"Señor Prime said he specifically wanted you to be there to hear about the Cube", Vector explained.

"Optimus is back at base"? Amalia asked.

"He commed me after your father and I left the base", Sarissa answered, then slipped her daughter some cash. "Here. Go get some munchies for yourself. We're going to be in the hangar for a long time until your room's ready".

"My room"? Amalia asked, holding the convenience store door open for her mother. "I thought I'd be bunking in with the soldiers. Plus, isn't that room technically Ma's room?

"News flash, mija", Sarissa chirped, pulling her wiry hair into a ponytail. "I'm sleeping in the hangar now".

Amalia hid her face in her hood as she grabbed two spicy chip packets and put them in a basket. "Ma, seriously? I can sleep in the hangar too".

"What? You? Straining your soft back on a car seat? Never", her mother scoffed. "Mija, I know you like being with the 'bots, but you're too big to fit in the backseat now, and waking up with cramps every morning isn't exactly fun".

"What difference does it make for you"? Amalia asked. "We're both human-sized".

"Yeah, but only one of us has a fully metallic back", Sarissa retorted, tossing a Gatorade bottle into the basket. "Look, Amalia, I know you're resilient, and understanding. You accepted that I wasn't coming home for your birthday calmly, and you've been nothing but helpful, even off the base, but we could all do with some comfort at times".

"And besides, its been awhile since you saw the base", Vector replied. "I think you'll like it now. Its got some new features".

"I always like it when you guys are with me", Amalia purred.

Edibles paid for, they left for the base with Bumblebee, unaware of a certain mech spying on them.

[Skywarp reporting], hissed the deep purple and black Seeker over his comm.

[Do not engage], Soundwave reminded him. [Observe for now. Report as needed].

[Affirmative], Skywarp replied, then transformed and flew off.