Hanako x reader (stay away from me)

Info before reading this it kinda doesn't make sense if you have not read the manga but I'll give u some backstory so pretty much Yashiro going to die that's why she sees Hanako. And y/n is taking Yashiro's place this story I'm writing tho is made up it's not in the manga.
—-

Y/n cautiously stepped into the decrepit female restroom, the musty scent of decay lingering in the air. As her gaze swept across the dimly lit space, it landed upon Hanako, perched on the window ledge, his expression serious and burdened.

"I need to have a serious talk with you," Hanako said, his voice tinged with a hint of urgency.

Y/n's brows furrowed in confusion, a mixture of concern and curiosity bubbling within her. "What is it? Why do we need to talk?"

Hanako's eyes bore into hers, filled with a mix of sadness and determination. "You need to stay away from me, Y/n. It's for your safety. Being near supernaturals, getting involved in breaking boundaries—it puts your life at risk."

Y/n's heart skipped a beat, her mind racing to process Hanako's words. She had been drawn to him, fascinated by the mysteries he embodied, but now his cautionary words sent a chill down her spine. The reality of the dangers lurking in the supernatural realm crashed upon her like a wave.

"But... why?" she stammered, her voice laced with concern. "Why are you warning me now? What changed?"

Hanako's mouth opened as if he was about to say something, but he quickly closed it, his expression filled with regret. Before he could find the right words, Y/n's frustration boiled over.

"Hanako, you never communicate with me about anything!" she exclaimed, her voice laced with a mix of hurt and anger. "I can't keep guessing what's going on in your mind. If you won't open up and share with me, then maybe it's best if I just leave."

Y/n swiftly gathered her belongings, her hands trembling with a mix of emotions. She stormed out of the room, the weight of disappointment and confusion pressing heavily upon her.

As she stepped into the restroom a torrent of emotions flooded over her. Anguish, confusion, and a profound sense of loss washed over her like a tidal wave.

Y/n knew she was going to die but she wanted to live life to the fullest. She wanted to laugh with Hanako and clean the restrooms. She wanted to bake more things with Kou. She wanted to annoy the hell out of Yashiro.

The conversation with Hanako had been a harsh reality check for Y/n. The knowledge that her mortality was at stake had once felt distant and unreal. But now, with Hanako's words echoing in her mind, the weight of her impending fate became tangible.

Y/n sat in her class very distracted in her head just dissociating. Yashiro came up to her with a concerned smile "Is everything already y/n?" She asked. Y/n then explained everything that happen

"That jerk ima go talk to him right now" Yashiro exclaimed.
Y/n quickly shook her head in disagreement.

"Don't—- I don't wanna beg him to hang with me I just have to respect his wishes," Y/n said.

Y/n's words hung in the air, reflecting a newfound understanding and maturity. Despite the pain in her heart, she recognized the importance of honoring Hanako's choice.

"But it just doesn't make sense— I thought he was in love with you," Yashiro said.

Y/n's eyes widened in surprise, her mind struggling to process Yashiro's revelation. The idea that Hanako may have had romantic feelings for her had never crossed her mind. She had always considered their bond to be one of friendship. How could she have missed such a significant aspect of their relationship?

"I...I had no idea," Y/n stammered, her voice tinged with a mix of disbelief and curiosity. "
Are you sure about this, Yashiro?"

Yashiro sighed, shaking her head lightly. "Y/n, sometimes you can be quite dense when it comes to matters of the heart. It was evident in the way he looked at you, the way he cared for you. Perhaps that's why he wants you to distance yourself, to protect you from whatever dangers may lie ahead."

Yashiro's words lingered in Y/n's mind, and although she acknowledged Yashiro's tendency for romanticizing situations, so you can't take everything she says as facts, Y/n felt quite excited if Hanako does like her then what doe that makes them.

After class ended Y/n ran to the restroom. She saw that Hanako wasn't there. Y/n quickly thought of where he could be oh maybe the rooftop.

Y/n climbed the stairs; quite cliché she thought to herself. The rooftop was a place that no one has access too except people who would get in without permission. She saw the door had a lock on it so she couldn't open the door. So she went through the little window that's next to the door.

Hanako was sat there on the edge of the rooftop his leg's tangling. Y/n felt a rush of nervousness when she saw Hanako that close to the edge but then she realized he is a ghost.

Approaching him cautiously, Y/n settled beside Hanako, her eyes tracing the distant horizon. The wind whispered through their surroundings, carrying with it an unspoken understanding. Silence enveloped them, punctuated only by the soft rustling of their clothes and the distant sounds of the city below.

Hanako seem to of noticed her presence.
"I thought I told you to go away." He said.
Y/n didn't let that hurt her.

"Hanako what made you change your mind of me hanging out with you."  She asked him.

Hanako hesitated for a moment, his eyes shifting away before meeting Y/n's gaze. "I... I'm in love with you," he confessed, his voice barely above a whisper. The weight of those words hung in the air, and Y/n could feel the intensity behind them.

Hanako took off his sailor hat he used it to cover his face. Y/n never seen him like that before it made her kinda feel special.

"I like you too," Y/n's voice quivered with a mix of relief and affection. Hanako's arms wrapped around her, pulling her into a tight embrace, his face nestled against her neck.

"I'm sorry, Y/n, for shutting you out like that," Hanako whispered, his voice laced with remorse.

Y/n gently stroked his back, feeling the weight of his vulnerability. "It's okay, Hanako. I understand. We all have our fears and uncertainties," she reassured him, her voice filled with empathy.

Hanako's voice trembled as he spoke, his words carrying the weight of his deepest concerns. "I'm just so scared... I don't want you to die," he confessed, his grip tightening.

Y/n's heart ached with compassion as she cupped Hanako's face, her touch bringing a sense of solace. "I'm scared too, Hanako. But we have to face the reality that everyone will eventually die. It's a part of life," she murmured, her voice tinged with sadness. "I've come to terms with the fact that my journey might be shorter than others, but that won't stop me from living and cherishing every moment with you."

IM DONE I hope my writing has improve

Feedback is always wanted.
It's kinda proof read not really.
Ps goodnight it's like 12 am I gotta wake up at 6😭😭