20| 𝑸𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆

Start from the beginning

I walked out of my bedroom, headed downstairs, and spotted Theo outside by the pool. He was smoking a cigarette. He really needs to kick that habit.

"Hey," Theo said to me as I approached him.

"Hey...  I'm going to get my hair done. I should be back tonight." I said to him as politely as I can.

I needed to get away. My mental state was deteriorating, and I did not want to display it to everyone.

"Are you okay?" Theo asked, leaning forward.

He focused his blue eyes on me, and I felt a sense of nervousness begin to unravel inside of me. I needed to get out of the house before I lose my sanity.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I lied. I was everything but okay.

Nodding his head, I was grateful that Theo did not push the issue further. "I'm going to another club opening tonight. You want to come?." He asked standing up from his seat.

"No thank you." I shook my head.

The last place I wanted to be was in a club with dumbass people bouncing everywhere.

Theo walked over to me and gazed into my eyes. It looked like he was trying to read me.

"With all the bullshit aside, you know I'm here if you need someone to talk to." He said caringly.

In the past couple of weeks, we've developed a real friendship. I do think there is some stuff I can go to him about but not this.

"I'm okay Theo, I think I'm just a little tired. Make sure the twins don't drive Greta crazy." I gave him a weak smile. I then turned my neck, and I gave both the twins a stern look. It was my way of telling them to behave or all hell will break loose.

I got in my car and drove out to my cousin's house. He lives out in the hood. It took me almost an hour to get to him. Although I keep in touch with him every once in a while on the phone and social media. It's been a while since I've last seen him in person.

Old habits die hard, as always, his door was unlocked. I decided to let myself in. My face fell when I walked inside his house. I scrunched my face in disgust. The state of the house was horrendous. There were empty liquor bottles everywhere. It reeked of old food and marijuana. He is living like an animal. This negro was raised better than this. I don't know what he is going through. The house that his mother worked so hard for was now in filth.

Rudy was out back with his group of friends playing dominos. His freeform locs grew past his shoulders, and he had his gold teeth in. His mother would be turning in his grave if she ever saw him right now. From what I remember of her, she was almost exactly like my mom. She passed away from a stroke a couple of years ago. Rudy's mom and my mom are sisters. Rudy is a couple of years older than me. I see him more as a big brother than a cousin.

"What's up gorgeous." Rudy's annoying ass friend, Trent smiled at me.

"What I told you about not addressing me." I spat at him viciously before I walked past him.

I let him hit one time, and he started acting weird. I get nervous at the thought of Rudy ever finding out. I have no doubt that violent asshole would shoot us both. To all of his friends, I was off limits, and for the most part, they all respected it, except for Trent. Trent would discreetly send me these obscene text messages every other night. One day, I was bored, and we had sex. To put it lightly, it was awful. He came in under three minutes, and he got cum all over my hair. I nearly killed him. I might as well act like it never happened because it was that underwhelming.

I walked straight to Rudy and hugged him. I felt his gun in his pocket. The thing about my cousin Rudy is that he has always gone down the path of disarray. He's been in and out of jail since he was fifteen, and he's the person in the family that no one wants to cross.