33| 𝑽𝒊𝒍𝒆

When I arrived at the house, I received a text message from Stassie

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

When I arrived at the house, I received a text message from Stassie. She told me the twins were with her, and they were refusing to come back home. My best guess is that they are trying to convince Stassie to come back.

I was relieved that they were okay. It was kind of worrisome that they are with her on the account Stassie's mom's house is about an hour away from here by car.

How did they end up there?

I do not have the slightest clue.

My hands had a slight tremble when I entered the living room. Josh was sitting in the living room smoking a cigar. He was isolated, and he appeared to be in deep thought.

"You heard from Stassie?" I asked, catching his attention.

Josh gradually nodded his head. He put out his cigar and glared at me.

"I think the option of boarding school is officially on the table." He said, rubbing his beard.

I nodded my head.

Fucking FINALLY!

I hate to send them away, but something has to be done about their behavior. You would think in their time span with Stassie that they have changes. If anything, I think they have became worse. Stassie is in over her head with dealing with them. They need "real" professionals to guide them into being productive members of society. I feel awful for the boarding school that takes them in.

"How are you?" I asked cautiously.

I felt a jolt run down my spine. My body was going berserk.

A chuckle escaped from Josh.

"How do I even answer that question? Well, I've been better. I just recently found out my only brother has been fucking my wife." He answered bitterly.

I gulped.

"Look... Josh I..."

"Don't look Josh me! You know... I've been racking my brain this past week, going over everything. I don't know what I ever did to make you do something like this to me. I know I wasn't the best brother but Theo, fucking my wife... what the fuck man. What the hell is the matter with you?" He demanded, angrily.

I could hear the hint of pain in his voice. It ripped at me in every way possible. I don't know what I can ever do to make him forgive me.

"Josh... I don't know why..."

"Cut the shit Theo. Tell me. Tell me why the fuck you did it! I opened my home to you, and that's how you pay me back?" He stood on his feet and marched over to me. He was inches away from my face.

"I thought I loved her," I answered him. "Josh... I-"

The next thing I know Josh struck me in the face with a closed fist, and I fell backward. I deserved it. I had no instinct to fight back. Momentarily, I shut down. I sat on the floor and rubbed my cheek. Josh and I gazed at each other for a couple of awkward seconds before he extended his arm out to me. I grabbed his hand, and he helped me off the floor.