18| 𝑹𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒖𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔

I removed my car keys from the ignition

I stared at the house for a few moments. It was difficult for me to swallow due to the account I felt as if there was a boulder with the dimensions of China jammed down my throat. There is no doubt about it, as much as I wanted to, there was no avoiding today. This was it. As sad as it was, I was forced to say goodbye to my mom and sister after spending a peaceful and tranquil weekend with them. It was time to put on my big girl panties, and face reality. (Theo)

I parked in front of the Miami beach house Josh rented out for the rest of the summer. The last time I was here, I was running for my life from Theo. The "risque" night has been on repeat in my mind. The orgasm I had at the hands of Theo was ridiculously exceptional.

When I looked over to my side, I spotted none other than Theo's car. He was parked on the curb. I licked my lips. With my luck, of course, he was inside the house, and I felt a restlessness rattle through my bones. My mind was going at a million miles a second. I can't even explain why I was so nervous. I just was.

After I let out a deep breath, I exited my car and slowly walked in the direction of the front door. It was a beautiful day outside. The sun's heatwave spread around in the air. The atmosphere was clear.

I looked at the time on my phone. It was 11:33 am. I was supposed to be here by 11:00 am. I was a little late, but it's not like they are going to fire me or something.

I pressed the doorbell with my index finger, and Josh was the one to answer the door. He wore a cream-colored collared shirt and tan cargo pants. This is the most relaxed attire I've ever seen him in. He's usually in his black business suit, and his hair brushed back. He seemed so cheery.

"Stassie, It's so nice to have you back." He greeted me. I gave him a genuine smile and entered the house.

Minka was nowhere in sight, but I heard the sound of rambunctious, childish laughter making its way into my ears, and my heart warmed. It was Charlie and Murphy. I missed them.

I strode to the back and spotted the two of them wrestling in the pool. Theo was sitting on a lawn chair smoking a cigarette. We made eye contact for a couple of awkward seconds.

He rocked his head and delivered me a "what the fuck" look, and I grinned back at him.

After the first day, he stopped calling me, and I was relieved, but then I became furious. He thinks we can hook up and forget about me. Like who the fuck does he think he is? Fuck him.

I stuck my middle finger at him, and he let out a light laugh.

"STASSIE!" Murphy shouted excitedly before sprinting over to me.

I wrapped my arms around him, and instantly something did not feel right. I placed my hand on his cheek, and he pouted at me. His blue eyes were void of any emotion. That suspicious, mischievous expression that he always has vanished. I did not recognize him. This was not my Murphy. His movements were more sluggish, and lethargic. His eyes were protruding. He was skinnier as well. I felt his ribcage when I embraced him in a hug. The kid could eat through dozens of bags of chips. It's only been approximately four days since I've seen him. What is going on?