When Our Demons Come To Call

Beginne am Anfang

I gave him a small smile as I said," You hurt me and you will make that right in time but we cannot keep tearing eachother down if we are going to do this. You have to have more faith in me. You need to trust that I have the best intentions."

"I promise to try to be better.  I am awful at this so I cannot say I won't slip a time or two. Can I know just one thing Amira?" Kaz asked looking at me expectantly

I nodded saying, " Go on."

" This matter you cannot tell me about now, Will it harm you, myself or anyone under my protection?" Kaz asked me gently

" I certainly hope it won't.  Depending on how it turns out it will mean things will change. Do you believe in destiny Kaz, that there is a set plan and we will always end up where we are meant to go?"

Kaz smirked at me then, " I believe in myself and my ability to survive.I believe in my people and in seeing my enemies fall. I make my own destiny Amira. It is the only way I know to survive this place."

I rolled my eyes at him before leaning closer to him. He watched me look at his mouth, he gave me a questioning look.

I grinned at him, " Despite you pissing me off Kaz I cannot seem to help myself from wanting to have your lips on mine.  To dance my tongue against yours, to taste you."

Kaz groaned and licked his lower lip. It sent a shock straight to my core.  Despite everything I desired him like no other.  I knew that I should distance myself from him, show restraint as he needed to make up for his harsh words used against me earlier.

Kaz leaned even closer to me, a thrill of anticipation spread through me as he grazed the shell of my ear with his lips. His voice had deepened with arousal as he whispered, " If I kiss you I'm not going to stop until I have you naked beneath me. I will be inside you taking what I want. I don't deserve to have pleasure from your beautiful body until I am forgiven by you.  So I will not kiss you now despite how desperate I am for you. "

He grazed my cheek gently with a gloved before he slid from the booth.

I shivered at the loss of his intense heat against me.

" Kaz..." I glanced up at him as he turned back to me.

" Amira. I know.  I know." He smiled sweetly down at me before he walked away.  His beautiful cane tapping in rhythm as he moved.

" Beautiful bastard, why can I not just stay mad at you?" I whispered under my breathe as I got up from the booth.

I decided I wanted to train. I hadn't practiced in a few days and I needed to focus on the plan Kaz had set up. I was hoping Inej would be up for a spar.

I found her in the room she occupied while she stayed in the club. She was sharpening her blades as she asked me to enter.

" Hey Inej I was hoping you'd be free to spar with me for a while. I find I have alot of pent up energy and I'd like to push myself and work on some close combat. Would you be willing to help me out?" I asked her

Inej smiled warmly at me as she strapped her arsenal onto her lithe body. She nodded saying simply," Yes Amira I'll be happy to. "

I grinned at her as I asked " Do you guys have a gym? Or a designated spot to practice?"

Inej cocked a brow at me," Of course,Kaz not show you?" Inej paused a moment before she continued,"I guess he has been preoccupied with other matters recently. Follow me."

I let Inej lead me from her room down a long corridor. It ended by a set of stairs and we made our way down.

At the bottom Inej took a left and I followed ignoring my curiosity about what was behind the closed doors we moved past.