Betrayal

After getting ready The Authority got into their car, Orton drove while Barrett sat in the passenger seat. As they drove Hunter's cell rang, he answered it and as Dean listened to Hunter's side of the conversation he knew it was one of their men on the police force. After hanging up Hunter told them that somehow the Feds learned of their meeting with the Wyatts and were planning on breaking it up again. He then ordered Randy to take them back to the warehouse, on the way he called Kane telling him to send two of the family's low level men to the deal in their place. Dean was pissed, no one was supposed to know about the Feds! To make things worse once they arrived back at the warehouse Hunter told them that the five of them were going on a little vacation for a few days, leaving Kane in charge until the heat died down! Dean was screwed, there was no way he could warn Roman they were leaving!

Meanwhile Roman and Seth, along with their back up again surrounded the building, anixously waiting for the deal to go down. They silently kept look out using binoculars, both men were tense, as they waited for everyone to arrive. Roman couldn't wait to finally bring the family down, so he and Dean could start a life together. Of course with Dean behind bars it would be difficult, but they'd figure something out together.

"It's almost time! Where are they?" Seth asked.

"They're criminals Seth, they don't give a damn about being on time!"

"Wait, there's a car!" Seth pointed out. "It's the Wyatts, same three from last time, no back up again!"

"Here comes The Authority!" Roman pointed out smiling, he couldn't wait to see Dean again!

As the car stopped they watched as two unknown Authority men got out and went to where the Wyatts stood. As they watched the five men talk, both Roman and Seth got a bad feeling about it.

"Something's wrong Ro! Maybe they got word about our set-up?" Seth asked.

"Dammit! Let's go, we'll question the men and find out what happened!" Roman said.

After giving the signal they got out of the car and confronted the men. A few minutes later the Wyatts had escaped again, and both Authority men arrested. At the station both men were questioned, but only told the Agents they had been told to go to the meeting and handle the Wyatts. They were given the order by Kane, one of Hunter and Stephanie's bodyguards, and they had no idea where their bosses were! After the interviews Roman and Seth went back to their hotel room, neither spoke. At the hotel Roman sat on the couch after his shower, thinking of Dean, why didn't he tell him about the deal going bad? Maybe he was found out, and they hurt him? He needed to know if Dean was okay, the not knowing was going to drive him insane!

"Ro, you okay?" Seth asked gently, as he came into the room after his shower.

"I'm fine, I'm just thinking." Roman answered rubbing his hands over his face.

"Ro, why don't you get some sleep?" Seth suggested, as he sat beside him.

"I'm not a child Seth! I don't need you mothering me!"

"Sorry Rome, it's just that I'm worried about you." Seth said gently.

"I know, but I'm fine." Roman answered, as he checked his phone again to see if Dean texted him.

"Still no text?" Seth asked.

"No, and I'm so worried about him Seth! What if something happened? What if they somehow found him out?" Roman asked scared, as he stood and began pacing, a habit he had picked up from Dean.

"He's smart Ro, no one would figure it out! There must be a guy on the force or something who told them! He knows what he's doing!" Seth said trying to ease Roman's fears.

"Since when do you believe that?" Roman asked curious. "You think something else happened don't you Seth?"

"Rome, I..."

"Just answer the damn question Seth!" Roman demanded cutting Seth off.

"I don't think Dean was found out, and no, I don't think someone on the force told them either!" Seth answered.

"Who told them then? Let me guess...Dean?" Roman asked sarcastically, Seth didn't answer he looked away, Roman couldn't believe it. "Dean, didn't do it Seth!"

"How can you be so sure, huh Roman?" Seth asked, as he stood.

"He wouldn't do that!" Roman said defending Dean.

"Why because he loves you Roman?" Seth demanded angrily.

"Yeah Seth, that's exactly why!"

"Listen to yourself Roman! He's got you believing his lies! He's a criminal, a professional liar!" Seth said angrily. "Dammit Ro, he used you!"

"Shut up Rollins! You don't know him!" Roman said angrily, clenching his fists.

"You do? If he loved you so much Roman he would have told you about the deal going bad! He used you and broke your heart like I warned you he would!" Seth said.

"You're wrong!" Roman said, his anger gone, tears in his eyes.

"Ro, I never wanted you to end up hurt, you're my brother! You need to face facts though, he used you and now he's free like he wanted! While you're left with a broken heart." Seth said gently.

"I love him Seth!" Roman said sitting down, as his tears finally fell.

"I know Rome, I know." Seth said gently, as he sat beside Roman and held him tight, letting Roman cry.

TBC...