Figuring Him Out

Once again Seth found himself called into the hallway by Roman. Roman needed Seth to let him handle Dean, they had a connection and he knew he'd be able to convince Dean to accept their offer! Seth was pissed and Roman knew it, he also knew if he wanted Dean to help he needed to use what they shared to do it!

"I'm going to take a break! Think you can handle Captain Smartass by yourself, Ro?" Seth asked frustrated.

"Yeah, I got this partner!" Roman said smiling, relieved Seth took himself out of the equation.

"Alright man, I think I'll do a little more research into the Wyatts; see what their connection is to The Authority." Seth said, as he patted Roman's back. "I'll catch you later."

After Seth left, Roman returned to Dean, as he sat down at the table, Dean smiled and leaned forward, Roman smiled back before speaking.

"Why do you do that to him?" Roman asked still smiling.

"What?" Dean asked innocently.

"Torment him?"

"I'm just having a little fun! Besides, by scaring off Agent Pretty Boy, I get to have you all to myself!" Dean answered starring into Roman's eyes.

"Is that right? You know we aren't really alone, there's a camera right there and a two-way window behind you!" Roman said smiling, he couldn't take his eyes off Dean.

"Doesn't bother me having an auidence!" Dean said quietly, Roman swallowed, as he quickly looked away.

"I...I wanted to talk to you some more about our little offer!" Roman said changing the subject, he didn't want Dean to know how badly he wanted him.

"Why? Agent Reigns, I already told you I'm not interested!" Dean sighed.

"Yeah, but I don't believe you!" Roman replied.

"That right?" Dean asked curious.

"Yep! I've been doing this for years Dean, and I've gotten really good at reading people." Roman answered.

"Maybe you're not as good at it as you think?" Dean stated.

"Nope, I'm never wrong about this kind of thing!" Roman answered smiling, he caught Dean's hidden meaning.

"Alright then, what do you get from me?" Dean questioned smiling.

"Okay, well you act like this big, bad, evil guy! In reality though, you're secretly broken." Roman answered gently, Dean tried to keep a straight face, but his eyes told Roman he was right. "I'm right aren't I?"

"Nope! Like I told you Reigns, you aren't as good as you think!" Dean answered angrily, he didn't like that Roman could figure him out like that, it pissed him off. "You aren't in here to figure me out, you're here to try and convince me to join the good guys!"

"Dean, you can pretend all you want that you're not part of The Authority, but we all know the truth! If your family cared about you, why haven't they gotten you out? I know alot about your family Dean, and I know they have many connections, so why are you still here?" Roman questioned gently, he didn't want to hurt Dean, he only wanted him to see that someone truly cared about him. "Dean, I want to help you...if you'll let me."

"Why?" Dean asked quietly, starring into Roman's eyes, he was confused by Roman, no one had ever helped him without wanting something in return.

"Why what?" Roman asked.

"Why do you want to help me?" Dean repeated. "I'm just a low-life criminal!"

"Not to me!" Roman answered truthfully.

"You don't know me." Dean replied.

"Do you?" Roman questioned.

"Do I what?"

"Do you even know you anymore?" Roman asked gently, as he put his hand on Dean's arm, Dean starred at Roman's hand quietly for a few seconds.

"So, what's this offer?" Dean asked, changing the subject, as he pulled his arm away and sat back.

"We need to get more info on the family, and in return for your help you'd get a shorter sentence." Roman explained.

"Info? That's it?" Dean asked, knowing there had to be more.

"There is a catch though." Roman said.

"I knew it! Let me guess...I have to go undercover?" Dean asked, Roman nodded. "No!"

"No? Dean, at least listen to me first?" Roman asked.

"Look, Agent Reigns, I'm not going undercover period! There's nothing you can say or do to make me change my mind! I'm done talking, take me back to my cell!" Dean said angrily.

"Fine! Don't talk, just listen!" Roman began, as he gathered his things. "I know you think The Authority are your family, but they don't care about you Dean! They left you here to rot, you know I'm right! I also know having someone care about you, without having hidden motives is new to you, but there is someone who does!"

"Who?"

"Me." Roman answered quietly, as he got up and left the room.

After leaving Dean, Roman went to find Seth. He didn't want Dean to find out about his feelings for him; especially like that, but he couldn't listen to him talk badly about himself anymore! He had a feeling; despite what Dean had said, that he'd agree to help them, he just hoped that this was the right thing to do.

"Hey Seth!" Roman greeted his partner after finding him in their makeshift office.

"Hey Ro! How'd the interview go?" Seth asked drinking some of his coffee.

"It went exactly like I thought it would!" Roman answered, pouring himself some coffee.

"You know I trust you big man, but how can you be so sure that lunatic is going to agree?" Seth asked, as Roman sat across from him.

" I know he will Seth, I can't explain it, I just know!" Roman answered, he wasn't ready to tell Seth about his feelings for Dean.

"Good enough for me!" Seth replied, he hoped when this was over that Roman wouldn't be left with a broken heart.

TBC...