Part : 19 { Indirect Challenge }

Kakeru's Point Of View

It's been a few days after the Zodiac Exams finished. The school decided to stop being dicks and actually give us a vacation. Although, I'm not satisfied. It was just starting to get fun when Ayanokoji ruined my fun by ending the exam by distracting me. God I feel stupid, kukuku. But, that's alright. I'm not too focused on these special exams at the moment, anyways. They're just the icing on the cake.

My search for 'X' has continued like usual, but something feels off, it's like there was barely any progress made at all.

I've been able to confirm that these rumors about the student named "Karuizawa Kei" are definitely coming from X or one of their accomplices, due to Y's hint and Ayanokoji's persistence on continuing the exam, even tho he could've easily won much earlier on.

Horikita Suzune. Reports confirmed that she's been in contact with Ayanokoji but hasn't made any direct moves herselfs. Well, except for her secretly moving around during the evening. Her "late night" adventures don't seem that important, tho. She isn't good at hiding her presents, meaning that she can't be X.

Hirata Yousuke. There's been a massive development with him. I can almost definitely confirm that he's not X due to his mental state which felt too real to be a facade.

Kushida Kikyo. My main suspect. Currently, tho, she's too perfect to be X. Ayanokoji and her are in contact almost daily, painting the narrative that she's an accomplish of X or X themselves. She was also one of the people in the dragon group, despite not being a leader herself.

It seems a bit... too perfect... she's definitely in contact with X, alongside of Ayanokoji... that's for sure...

I've also added a few more suspects to my list. Ichinose Honami and Kanzaki Ryuji. This might sound absurd, but there is a possibility that X is pulling the string behind Class C from another class.

Ichinose Honami. Class B's undoubtedly leader. She's popular, nice, smart, and very fucking sexy. She's also very cunning and perceptive. I've interacted with her only a few times, but I can confirm that her abilities are no joke. The way she can unite her classmates without using any dirty methods in such a short amount of time is incredible. I'll give her that. But, she suffers from a major flaw. You see, she's very naive and would do anything in her power to not do anything underhanded unlike the other leaders, even appearing more naive and softer than Ayanokoji himself. It could all be a facade tho. Going off of her abilities, her acting could be leagues ahead of Kushida's, and if that were the case, she'd immediately be suspect number one.

Ichinose as X, huh? How terrifying...

Kanzaki Ryuiji. The second representative of Class B and Ichinose's lapdog. He's smart and perceptive. He's also very logical, making decisions solely reliant on facts and logic. An opposite to Ichinose who balances out her positivity with realism. Their duo, if perfected, could be extremely dangerous. Maybe even more than Sakayanagi herself. There isn't much to say about him tho, he's very boring, kukuku. Like with Kushida and Ichinose, tho, This could all just be a facade. One created to throw me and everyone off while he manipulates his puppets from the shadows. There is a very low chance that it's him, but it should still be considered.

Kakeru: Tch. This is messing with my head...

I muttered under my breathe while I was being accompanied by two of my right hand men, Ishizaki and Albert.

Ishizaki: Is something wrong, Ryuuen-san?

Ishizaki asked out of concern.

Kakeru: Yes, whoever who's pulling the strings is toying with me.