Part : 6 { Taking Power By Taking Sides }

Kiyotaka's Point Of View

After our teacher revealed the entire S-system to us, I stopped Hirata from calling everyone out before we all went home because I knew what he wanted to do. Why did I stop him? Because we should give everyone time to think and recollect their thoughts before we suggest his idea. Instead, I called Kushida to help me and Hirata organize his vision Kushida who's obviously grown somewhat wary of me after Koenji's comment, now takes glances at me once in a while.

Ugh, this is kind of annoying. I'll have to deal with Kushida sooner at this point... Although I was going to reveal myself to her sooner or later when I was going to confront her about her facade. But I wanted to do it on my terms, not this early on.

----------

After we finished organizing Hirata's idea, we went our separate ways. Kushida and I proceeded. To walk to our dorms together as Hirata had to catch up with Karuizawa, who was out with her friends currently.

Kushida: Ayanokoji-kun... What did Koenji mean back there...?

She shyly asks me while looking down

Kiyotaka: Hm? What do you mean?

I tried acting oblivious, not to seem suspicious.

Kushida: Back in class... Koenji called you 'Liar-boy'... What did he mean by that?

She fills in the details of her question before looking up at me with pleading eyes.

Kiyotaka: Oh... that... Well, I'm not really sure... Maybe it's because I acted much weaker than I am. During the entire month... Which must've hurt him.

I lied like it was second nature. Obviously, that was a stupid excuse and wasn't going to work, but if she wants to continue playing her facade, she'll back off after realizing she won't be able to pry any secrets out of me.

Kushida: Oh... Ok, he must've been hurt... He probably thought he was the strongest, and after you beat him, it must have hurt his pride! Ayanokoji-kun is so strong, after all!

She answers in her bubbly tone again while mimicking an arm-flexing pose with a challenging smile to lighten up the mood again. I proceeded to giggle to go along with her. After this, we walked home together and continued chit-chatting about the day, including the S-system.

----------

The next day. I reached Class C and continued my routine as usual but with a more reluctant Horikita greeting me while avoiding eye contact, obviously due to Koenji's comment yesterday. This must've broken the image she had of me or made her much more suspicious of me than before, at the very least. After that, I went to Hirata and proposed we announce his idea today before lunch. He agreed with me as our lessons continued like usual until lunch came by.

Hirata: Excuse me. Everyone, before you leave, can I have your attention real quick?

Hirata and I went up to the podium as he announced his favorite catchphrase. This stopped everyone in their tracks before they turned to me, immediately realizing that. It will be better to stay for this.

Kiyotaka: You see, after yesterday's announcement of our Mid-terms Me, Kushida and Hirata decided to organize study groups for everyone, with each group having their tutors consisting of academically gifted students!

As I announced the study groups, everyone started agreeing with my choices for tutors and members of each group. Except for some girls. Who grumbled something under their breaths with a disgruntled face for some reason. I also have a study group consisting of Sudo, Yamauchi, Ike, and Miyamoto while having Kushida as support. Why did I put lots of idiots that hated me in my group? Because I trust no one else to make sure they pass other than me. Of course, I can have Kushida tutor them alone, but that won't do. They will get distracted by her assets instead of their assignments. That will make them fail for sure. Besides, I need extra friends in the group for Sudo so he can feel more comfortable, so I put Kushida in as eye candy for the idiots who won't listen to me.