Part : 3 { X's First Move }

Kiyotaka's Point Of View

I wake up at 5:30 in the morning, following my internal clock and begin my routine. 1. Make my bed, 2. Wash my face, 3. Brush my teeth, 4. Shower, 5. Apply my routine skincare products 6. Eat my energy bar and prepare my energy drink, 6. Go for a run, 7. Return and do my usual workout routine. 8. Make a healthy breakfast and EAT IT, 9. Take a second shower and leave.

I'll need to get dumbells and weights today. It seems like normal exercise won't cut it anymore. Maybe I'll look for a gym.

After I finish my routine for the day, I leave my room at 7:15 and start heading to the elevator, where I see Hirata standing, waiting for the door to close.

Hirata: Ah, fancy meeting you here. Ayanokoji-kun, how was your morning?

He asks with a gentle smile that could melt any woman's heart.

Although he's technically my rival, it's kinda refreshing to see a genuinely kind face like his once in a while.

Kiyotaka: Yo, nothing much. I just finished my normal morning routine. How about you anything interesting happening with you?

Hirata: Well there-

As we continue to chit-chat about our day, while in the elevator, it started to fill up with more students every time it stopped at another floor. Until it reached the bottom where we both left and made our way towards school, this continued until someone approached us with her friends.

Kushida: Hello, Hirata-kun and Ayanokoji-kun!

Kushida approached us with her usual friend group consisting of Inogashira, Mori and Mii-chan while also including Sato Maya and Matsushita Chiaki who are also 2 of my classmates.

Kiyotaka: Hello Kushida, Sato, Matsushita, Mori, Inogashira and Mii-chan!

I say with a toothy grin.

Hirata: Good morning, Kushida-san, Sato-san, Matsushita-san, Mori-san, Inogashira-san and Mii-chan. How have your mornings been?

He said that with the same heart-melting gentle smile he used on me before. Which worked on them even better than my smiles do. Especially on Mii-chan, who completely turned crimson and tried avoiding making eye contact with Hirata.

I see. It seems like my expressions don't feel as real as his... I'll need to work on that...

As our group continue to walk to school while chit-chatting. I was barely able to keep up with 7 people at once, which Matsushita noticed and pulled me to the back of the group.

It seems like a goddess has come to my rescue. I owe you my life Matsushita-chan, if it wasn't for you I might've self-combusted from sheer pressure.

Matsushita: Hehe, it seems like mister 'Multiple Hobbies' was getting overwhelmed. I'll take that as a sign that interactions aren't one of these hobbies.

She grins mockingly while clearly making fun of my obnoxious introduction.

Hey, at least I tried... That's all that matters after all right...? Scratch that. I would rather win than merely try.

Kiyotaka: Yeah, thank you for back there. If it wasn't for your rescue, I might accidentally said something stupid...

I say this while avoiding eye contact and scratching my neck to appear flustered.

Matsushita: It's no biggie. After all, it means I get some alone time with you.

I see so... So she wanted to integrate me... The image of a kind and benevolent goddess being sent down from the heavens above to strike down all my issues has been completely shattered... She's an even bigger nuisance than I thought...