Part : 9 { Holding A Grudge }

A few days have passed since our midterms, and things have been going smoothly, only on the surface at least. Why do you ask? Because someone has been spreading rumors about me around the third year. I haven't been able to confirm the person we shall be referring to as "Y" yet, but I already have a few candidates. If my hunch is correct about Y being the person I am thinking of currently, then everything would be going exactly as predicted, and our mind games have just started. Their influence is minimal, but it is noticeable because they have access to the third years. It is the only grade I don't have any control over due to my public siding with Nagumo instead of the president. Of course, I don't regret my decision. Siding with Nagumo gave me more benefits than with the president, which shows you just how much power Nagumo possesses. But it's still a weakness that I can't overlook.

Anyways. As I was going over my current situation, Kushida was doing her ritual by punching, kicking, and shouting creative insults at my poor punching bag in my room.

Kiyotaka: Kushida, I have a favor to ask of you.

I called out to Kushida as I was lying on my bed with a half-eaten apple in my hand.

Kushida: SHi- Huh? What is it? Kiy- Ayanokoji?

Kushida stops and asks me in a confused tone while trying to fake correct my name with her bubbly facade.

Kiyotaka: If you want to call me by my first name, go ahead. I don't care. Anyways about that favor, can you spread rumors about Karuizawa around the school? They don't all have to be legit. Just make them ruin her reputation as much as possible.

I ask for my favor while staring at my apple in deep thought.

Karuizawa's popularity is at its peak currently due to her dating Hirata which means spreading awful rumors about her would reach everyone's ears much faster... And that'll mean I'll be able to kill two birds with one stone... Ruin Hirata's reputation... and break Karuizawa, so she's ripe for the taking, ready to be collected... after I lend her my hand, I'll dispel the rumors by apparently finding the culprit behind these rumors and shift all the blame on that poor sob... three birds with one stone...

I finish my thoughts and my plan.

Kushida: What? I can't do that.

She responds with an irritated expression.

Kiyotaka: Don't lie to me. I know you've done this multiple times already. Remember that recording of Ichinose rejecting a girl? After that incident, more weird rumors of Ichinose seemed to spread... leading back to girls from our class.

Of course, that was my doing... I wanted to test Kikyo's skills, so I purposefully gave her a golden ticket to ride the waves of controversy with that video without ruining its purpose of future blackmail material by censoring the voice and body of the rejected girl... and I got to say, I was impressed she's clearly an expert on things like these...

I respond by locking eyes with her in my peripheral vision. This made her raise an eyebrow while trying to act ignorant.

Kushida: And how do you know that was my doing? It could've been any of the bitchy skanks in our class.

She responds, continuing to try to throw me off.

Kiyotaka: 1. Ichinose is adored by everyone, even the girls. 2. All leads were perfectly hidden, meaning that the perpetrator had to be very manipulative and sharp and knew to take full advantage of this opportunity. 3. They had to hold a grudge against Ichinose's popularity as their rival. Of course, most people wouldn't be able to confirm it due to your facade, but I've been aware of your lies since the day we met.