XXXI. Sapere aude

Start from the beginning

"You did well, Lee," Chiron patted him on the shoulder. "Everyone stay alert, but stay calm. This has happened before."

"Aye," Quintus said from the head table. "And it will happen again. More and more frequently."

The campers murmured among themselves Everyone knew the rumors: Luke and his army of monsters were planning an invasion of the camp. Most of them expected it to happen this summer, but no one knew how or when. It didn't help that their attendance was down. They  only had about eighty campers. Apparently Three years ago, when Aurora's brother, Percy started, there had been more than a hundred. Some had died. Some had joined Luke. Some had just disappeared.

"This is a good reason for new war games,"
Quintus continued, a glint in his eyes. "We'll see how you all do with that tonight."

"Yes..." Chiron said. "Well, enough announcements. Let us bless this meal and eat." He raised his goblet. "To the gods."

They all raised their glasses and repeated the blessing.

Aurora, Percy and Tyson took their plates to the bronze brazier and scraped a portion of their  food into the flames.

"Poseidon," Percy said. Then Aurora heard him whispering, "Help me with Aurora, Nico, and Luke, and Grover's problem."

"I am afraid burned offering will not fix your sister's problems." Khonsu said to Percy.

"It's the thought that counts." Osiris said.

Aurora scoffed, she needed more than burned food to offer gods for her problems to be magically solved, which wouldn't be.

As the Sea siblings made their way towards their table and sat down, Percy and Tyson immediately began asking their sister questions like how was she? Bad, but she said she was fine, what were her thoughts about the whole fated situation? She shrugged nonchalantly while actually she was scared to death.

"It's alright to be scared." Osiris said to his host, Anubis and Isis nodded.

Once everyone was eating, Chiron and Grover came over to visit. Grover was bleary-eyed. His shirt was inside out. He slid his plate onto the table and slumped next to Percy.

Tyson shifted uncomfortably. "I will go...um. polish my fish ponies."
He lumbered off, leaving his breakfast half-eaten.

Chiron tried for a smile. He probably wanted to look reassuring, but in centaur form he towered over them, casting a shadow across the table. "Well, Aurora, Percy, how did you two sleep?"

"Uh, fine." Percy answered.

"Wonderfully." Aurora said smiling.

"Who are you fooling me or Chiron?! You didn't even sleep one second that night!" Hypnos said to Aurora, who smiled innocently. Hades and Poseidon Shook their heads.

"I brought Grover over," Chiron said,

"because I thought you two might want to, ah, discuss matters. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Iris-messages to send. I'lI see you later in the day." He gave Grover a meaningful look, then trotted out of the pavilion and perhaps your siblings, Aurora and Theseus would give you a better point on the matter."

Now Aurora knew what he asked her that, Labyrinth was discovered again, and the only three known survivors were her and her brothers.

The said brothers nodded their heads.

"What's he talking about?" Percy asked Aurora and Grover.

Grover chewed his eggs. Aurora could tell he was distracted, because he bit the tines of his fork and chewed those down, too. "He wants you to convince me," he mumbled.