Who's The Best Pilot?

Watching Jake land on the boat, I gave myself a nod as I radioed in to the tower. "Ghost is downwind with no front landing gear, no tail hook. Pull the cable and raise the barricade." I instructed, watching the team get everything in order. I zoomed past the tower, making myself giggle as I watched the admirals flinch. A loud bang happened behind us, looking down at the dash as I steadied ourselves to land. I pressed my lips together as we lost an engine.

"Please don't tell me that we lost an engine." Rooster sighed heavily.

"Alright, I won't tell you that." I replied with a slight laugh. "Hold on."

"Ok." He said as we approached the landing deck, aiming for the barricade. Rooster and I jolted in our seats as we came to a sliding stop, I let out a long sigh of relief. Asking my friend.

"You good?"

"Yeah... I'm good. You?" He questioned.

"Yeah." I said as I pressed the button for the canopy to pop open, seeing the team with fire extinguishers. Taking down some of the heat from the aircraft, everyone surrounded us in cheers and applause. Taking off our helmets, revealing our sweaty heads. Rooster and I looked at each other with a smile, watching him slide down to the ground. I threw my helmet into the crowd, I slid down as Rooster caught me into a hug. I let go of him, throwing myself at Hondo. Who stood there as jolly as Santa, he held my face as I spotted Maverick.

"You! Are amazing, your father would be so proud." Maverick commented as we brought each other into a hug.

"Thank you Mav." I replied, giving him a gentle squeeze. My eyes scanned up to the tower, giving admiral beau and bates a smile. Bates gave me a air first pump, he was proud as Beau gave me a nod.

Across from Ghost, Rooster and Phoenix, as well as Hangman stood together. As the boys shook hands, rooster acknowledged to hangman. "You got yourself another kill."

"Which makes 2." Hangman smiled, Phoenix added.

"Freya has 5, makes her an ace." The boys looked at one another, rooster giving an impressed look. Hangman gave him a smile.

"Freya! Freya Kazanksy!" I heard rooster call my name, looking behind me. I brought my best friend back into a hug as I gave Phoenix a walk by high five.

"We did it, roost." I smiled at him.

"Of course we did." He muttered into my ear, as we left the hug. Him giving me a nod to look behind me, I turned around as I saw Jake emerging his way through the crowd. Feeling Rooster give me a push towards him, I stood there toe to toe with him. Jake.

"You're still dangerous, you know that right?" I gave him a cheeky smile, he grinned shaking his head at me.

"Shut up, you dork." He replied, making me giggle as he brought my chin up. Gently pressing his lips against mine, our lips parted as I looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank you, for saving my life

"Thank you, for saving my life." I told him, as he rubbed his thumb against my cheek. "But." I begun, poking his chest. "Have you figured it out yet?" I asked as he looked at me confused.

"What's that?" He questioned.

"Who's the best pilot?" I stated as he let out a loud laugh, he grinned his teeth together.

"You know, I think I can work that out on my own." He threw his arm over my shoulders, bringing me into his chest. He kissed the top of my head, feeling his chest fall heavily in relief. I wrapped my arms around his torso, sinking into him.

"I love you." I muttered under my breath, smiling as I heard him mutter in return.

"I love you too."