Attention On Deck!

"Attention on deck!" Was shouted as we all stood up as the Admirals arrived, standing next to Rooster near the back of the group, Beau looked at me directly, giving me a respectful nod. The other admiral walked past him, standing in front of the American flag as he stood behind the podium.

"Good morning." Beaus darker skinned partner begun. "Welcome to your special training detachment, be seated." We all followed instructions, all sitting down in a close unison form. "I'm Admiral Bates, not a commander. You're all TOPGUN graduates, the elite, the best of the best... that was yesterday." I raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "The enemy's 5th generation fighter, has levelled the playing field. Details are few, but you can be sure we no longer possess the technological advantage. Success, now more then ever; comes down to the man or woman in the box." I watched Hangman cheekily grin over to Phoenix, making me smile as she gave him a subtle middle finger. He then looked back to Rooster and I, giving me the same look that he gave Phoenix. I rolled my eyes at him as he looked back forward towards Bates.

"Half of you will make the cut, one of you will be named mission leader." Bates looked over to me, making me lean back in my chair. Folding my arms as I gave a small smirk. "The other half will be remained in reserve." Hangman looked back to Rooster and I, his attention on Roost for a moment before he gave me a wink. "Your instructor is a TOPGUN graduate, with real world experience in every mission aspect. That you will be expected to master." I begun to hear a pair of footsteps behind me. "His exploits are legendary." Looking over my shoulder, meeting eyes with the older man from the bar. He looked awfully familiar. "And he's considered one of the finest pilots this program has ever produced." Looking back to Rooster, his stare on the man was deadly. "What he has to teach you, may very well mean the difference between life and death. I give you Captain Pete Mitchell, call sign Maverick."

Focusing on Rooster, I placed my hand upon his. Breaking his stare down, as I soon then put the dots together on who the man in front of us was. Funny enough, he flown with my father and flown with Roosters father.

"Good morning." He smiled, looking amongst the room. He smiled at Rooster and I, Roosters glare came back instantly. "The F-18 natops." Holding up the holy bible of the F-18, he placed it down onto the podium. "Contains everything they want you to know about your aircraft, I'm assuming you know the book. Inside and out?" He questioned the room.

"Damn right."

"Damn straight."

"You got it!" Went around the room, in a quick flick of his wrist. He chucked the entire book in the small metal bin beside him. We looked amongst ourselves confused.

"So does your enemy." Maverick said as I smirked as he brought my attention back in again. Alright Maverick, I'll play. "But what the enemy doesn't know, is your limits. I intend to find them, test them. Push beyond... today we will start with what you only think you know." He looks to Rooster and I. "You show me what you're made of."