That's My Girl.

It was make or break, Admiral Beau suggested for me to take some time to grieve. Spend time with the family, as the loss of my father was a community loss. Knowing deep down with my father speaking in the back of my head, I knew that I couldn't let my family down. My blood family and my Naval family.

My mother held my face before I arrived back on base, her eyes were sad but happy. Understanding even. She knew I needed to do this for me, I needed to do this for dad and I needed to do this for my country, my legacy. A sentence stuck with me, my mother telling me. Once they start pushing, you push back harder.

"Ghost?" A voice questioned as they approached me, looking up. I saw Hondo, looking at me worried and concerned.

"Hey Hondo." I replied as he brought me into a hug. "Where's Mav? Need to talk to him about something." His glanced dropped. "What?"

"They took him off of the mission." He explained, my heart stopped. In a quick moment of thought, I patted Hondos chest as I stormed off. Rushing to my new aircraft. "Freya!" I heard Hondo call out to me, little did I know. There was a team meeting happening at the same time as my mind went into autopilot mode.

"Lieutenant Kazanksy, will be off this mission, to take time to grieve her father." Admiral Beau announced to the team, everyone looked amongst themselves as they worried.

"All due respect, sir." Coyote spoke up. "Ghost is the best pilot, surely that would be putting the mission at risk."

"Unfortunately, this is the circumstances that we have come too. Including the new mission details, since Maverick will be no longer teaching you. Time to target will now be 4 minutes. You will be entering the valley level at reduced speed. Not to be exceed 420 knots." Everyone looked at each other again, in worry for the mission. They were down their best pilot, the details being changed on the mission. They all questioned the reliability on this new plan.

"Sir, won't we be giving the enemy aircraft's times to intercept?" Bob questioned the admiral.

"Well, Lieutenant. You will have a fighting chance against enemy aircraft, what are the odds of surviving a head on collision with a mountain?" Admiral Beau replied to Bob, as Hondo arrived into the room. He sat in the corner quietly, knowing something was up with Ghost. She is her fathers daughters after all. "You will be attacking the target from a higher altitude, level with the north wall. It's going to be a little harder, to keep your lazar on target." Coyote eye rolled, he hated this changed as much as everyone else in the room did. Admiral Bates, spotted the tension in the room easily. "But you will avoid the high G climb out."

Fanboy leant over to payback, saying quietly. "We will be sitting ducks for enemy missiles."

The screen behind Admiral Beau, started to beep. Showing active activity in the air, everyone leant forward in their seats. Interested on what was going on. Admiral Beau turned around to face the screen, seeing the pilot fly out the original course that Maverick created. "Who the hell is that?" He questioned.

"Ghost to range control, entering point Alpha. Confirm green range." Ghost voice was announced to the room, Hondo sat at the back of the class. Wide eyed. Everyone got excited, their hearts fluttering. There was hope after all.

"Uh, Ghost. Range control, uhh. Green Range is confirmed, I don't see a event scheduled for you lieutenant." Range Control replied to her.

"Well, I am going anyway." Ghost told them, making Phoenix smile.

"Nice." Phoenix said softly, impressed by her fellow friend.

"Setting time to target, 2 minutes and 15 seconds." Ghost announced.

"2.15? That's impossible." Payback muttered under his breath, Hangman sat their smirking. Impressed as he gave a small side eye to Admiral Beau.

"Final attack point, Ghost inbound

"Final attack point, Ghost inbound." Ghost turned off her mic, focusing on the course. Making it through checkpoint 1, Rooster looked over to Hangman who sat comfortably in his seat. He was confident in his girlfriend, Rooster glancing back over to the screen. He was more worried about the possible outcomes with her returning to base. The room was silent, you could cut the tension with a knife.

Ghost was flying, making it half way through. With a minute 30 to go, Bates sat at the back of the room. Smiling to himself, watching the legendary Tom Kazansky live on through his daughter.

"Come on, Ghost girl." Rooster cheered for her in a whisper. 40 seconds remained, her voice could be heard again. The pressure she put her body through, you could hear it in her voice. The determination.

"Pumping in, 3,2,1." Ghosts aircraft shot up the navigation mountain, tucking and diving down to gain a flat eye view. She took a second to mark the target, everyone sitting on the edge of their seats.

"Come on baby." Hangman whispered under his breath, watching Ghost release the missiles. She pulled up, saying.

"Bombs away." With 5 seconds to go, pushing the steep G force. Majority of the room got to their feet, nervous. Watching her screen come up, watching it change from 9.0G and increasing to 9.5G to 10G. She hit the target, bombing it with 0.06seconds to spare.

"Bullseye! Holy shit!" Fanboy cheered, Admiral Bates kept his celebration to a minimal. Clenching his fist as Rooster looked at the 10G mark, amazed by his sister.  As Hangman openly said in the room.

"That's my girl."