Peace Offering.

Sea mist and sand, brushed against my face as I leant my elbows against the wooden frame of the balcony. The view of the beach was refreshing, watching the waves crash against the sand. The sun made the water sparkle, it was beautiful. Mesmerising even.

"Beautiful view." A voice interrupted, looking over my shoulder. I looked to a smiling Hangman, holding two coffees in his hands.

"Talking about the beach, right?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow at him with a smile.

"Yeah, of course." He said sarcastically, reaching out a coffee towards me.

"Peace offering? Double shot ice latte, with vanilla on oat milk." I stood up straight, impressed on how he got my picky coffee order correct.

"Peace offering, accepted." I said as I took the coffee from him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He smiled as he came up beside me, leaning his side against the balcony railing. "What are you doing out here, all by yourself?" He asked as he took a sip from his hot coffee.

"Just, taking a moment." I said as I turned my body to face him better.

Observing him more, his facial features, his eyes and his clothing option of blue washed jeans, white singlet shirt and a floral flowing shirt

Observing him more, his facial features, his eyes and his clothing option of blue washed jeans, white singlet shirt and a floral flowing shirt. He was glowing. "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

"Ha, you're so..." I paused, trying to think of a word.

"Handsome? Irresistible?" I shook my head at him with a smile.

"You're such a dick." I huffed a small laugh, all he could do was smile.

"How's Rooster? Is he ok?" He looked at me genuinely, I sighed as I sipped on my coffee.

"He's going to be ok, he's been through worse." I explained, as he looked at me like he was trying to figure something out. "What?" I narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Just trying to figure out what makes him so special to get your attention." He leant forward towards me.

"He's my best friend, we've been through alot." I explained, trying not to get aggravated.

"Oh, I'm sorry. If that sounded off, or weird." He put his hands up in surrender.

"No." I grabbed ahold of his arm. "I'm sorry, I've known rooster since I was a kid. We both are quite protective of each other." I explained further, taking my hand back. His glare softened.

"That's sweet."

"I don't know whether or not you're taking the piss or not." I huffed, Hangman laughed.

"I'm being genuine, I promise." He rubbed my upper arm.

Across from Hangman and Ghost, Rooster, Phoenix and Coyote were in the kitchen of the flat. Rooster was watching his lifetime friend mix with someone he hated dearly.

"What is she doing?" Rooster asked the group. Phoenix and Coyote looked in the direction that he was looking.

"She's a big girl." Coyote tried to help the situation. "More worried about Hangman." Coyote giggled.

"I think it's sweet, that Hangman is trying to win over Ghost. He even asked me what coffee she drinks, you know how difficult she is with her coffee." Phoenix added.

"He's going to hurt her." Rooster sat there on edge.

"Rooster." Coyote placed his hand on Roosters shoulder. "Look out there, she's smiling. She barely smiles as she takes things so god damn serious, ALOT of the time. Give her a chance, she's incredible smart."

"I don't like it." Rooster shook his head as Phoenix pleaded to him.

"She will cut things off, when she thinks it's right. As coyote said, she is incredibly smart. Just have a little bit of faith in her." Rooster looked back outside, seeing his friend have a massive grin on her face. Hangman was making her laugh, it did bring Rooster some joy to see his friend finally happy after her past experiences. But, unfortunately. The sibling protective instinct was kicking in, even though they weren't related. They saw each other as brother and sister.