Defending.

The borderline to heaven and earth, was the opening of this mountain top. Where you would literally kiss the clouds. Cheering as the boys hit the target, Hangman sat on the deck in his aircraft. Smiling as he gave a pumped fist, Maverick sat with the admirals. Nervous.

Looking up at the exit of the incline, I gulped heavily. Saying to everyone. "We're not out of this yet." Making eye contact with the SAMs, I warned Phoenix and Bob. "Here they come!" Splitting off, I looked over my shoulder. Watching the SAMs split off after us, my eyes widened at the SAMs going after Phoenix and Bob. "Smoke in the air! Phoenix break right!" I ordered, watching the amount of power one of those SAMs held. The snow off of the mountains, puffing up in small amount of smoke.

"Dagger 3, defending!" Phoenix yelled, tucking right and dodging contact with the SAM. Seeing SAMs on my tail, I announced.

"Dagger 1, defending." Ducking down, making the SAM hit contact with another. Blowing themselves up. More being released, I dropped multiple flares to eliminate the problem. "Hey, Roost?! Where are you buddy?!"

Coming around from a curved bend, the boys loud groans filled my ears as I watched them shoot up from the mountain top. "Oh my god." Rooster muttered. "Smoke in the air! Smoke in the air!" Rooster shouted.

We all continued to shout and warn each other on the positions of the incoming SAM missiles, from a distant view we would look like a bunch of panicked large birds. Trying to get out of the sight of the predator, giving close calls as we released flares to save ourselves aswell as eachother. Flying into a small clearing, looking around. I spotted 2 more SAMs coming up behind Rooster.

"Rooster! 2 more on your 6!" I warned him.

"Dagger 2 defending!" Rooster called, going to release more flares. I sighed in relief, watching the flares come in contact with the SAM missiles. My eyes flew over towards payback and fanboy.

"Payback! Sam on your nose!" I warned, keeping an eye out for my team.

"Dagger four defending!" Payback yelled, releasing flares. Commotion continued through us all, calling out to each other and taking out as many SAMs we could. Until a moment, where my heart felt like it sank down and was coming out of my ass.

"Dagger 2, defending!... shit, I am out of flares!" Rooster exclaimed. Looking over my shoulder at him, I ordered him.

"Rooster, evade! Evade!" My heart panicked, hearing the stress in Roosters voice.

"I can't shake em, they're on me! They're on me!"

"Oh, fuck it." I said to myself, sliding into position in front of Rooster. I pulled up sharp, making my aircraft flip above Rooster. Releasing the last of my flares, to make sure Rooster remained away from threat. I held my breath and flinched, feeling a last minute SAM make contact with the end of my aircraft. Hearing my radios cease up, the last thing I heard was my name being called. Rooster and Phoenix screaming.

"Freya!"