"I-I think your son has something to tell you, dad." My mom eventually began. I guess she must've ran out of patience because she's been waiting but I would still commend her to letting me have the spotlight to talk about it myself. I know she's been trying to urge me in the most motherly way possible.

"What is it, Jordi?" My dad shoved a spoonful of mashed potatoes into his mouth right before eventually taking a sip of his wine.

"Yeah, I do have something to tell you." I began and before I drop the bomb to my dad, I took a long sip of my wine too. The burning sensation of the alcohol just went smooth down to my throat and it kind of gave me the little boost that I needed in order to actually speak my heart out. "Mom already knew about this so, I'm just trying to repeat what I told her."

"What? Don't tell me you got someone pregnant or something?" My dad chortled and maybe he was just joking but that somehow felt uncomfortable in a way that I had to look at my mom.

"Dad, this is not the time to joke. Your son's trying to open up to you." My mom bantered glaring over at my dad.

"Oh, shit. Did you really get someone pregnant?" My dad looked over at me wearing a serious expression.

"Charlie!" My mom quickly slapped his hand eventually making him act better.

"Dad, I'm gay." I spat out just so he would stop speculating that I impregnated someone because clearly, that's not even close to what I just told him.

"Wait, you are what now?" My dad straightened himself up and focused his attention towards me even more.

"I'm gay, dad." I muttered and this time, I made my voice louder and firm with conviction. I even looked at him straight in the eye for the added stance of seriousness.

"Oh, yeah... I figured that out." He said in a very casual tone which somehow took me by surprise.

"Wait, so that's it?" I asked thinking this conversation would somehow go south and my dad just said he figured it out like what the fuck? Have I been the gayest all of this time that both of my parents were both unsurprised by this revelation? Is that what's going on?

"What?" My dad looked at me. "Me and your mom kind of knew about it. There was this one time that I caught you staring at a topless man on your phone and I thought maybe you were just jealous of it or something." Both of my parents looked at each other and smiled. It appeared to me that they've been waiting for me to finally tell them about my true sexuality. I'm just confused that they never mentioned anything to me and I've been lying to them trying to be manly and butch but all this time, they knew. It felt good and somehow disappointing at the very same time. I really thought there will so much drama off of me coming out but things happened the other around.

"You didn't tell me dad knew about it." I focused on my mom. Somehow, things were just anticlimactic but it's in a very positive way. This was all because I've been very negative about it but it made me believe that there's really hope in this world for queer people like me. There are actually parents who really do accept their queer kids out there and I'm glad and very lucky that I'm one of those people.

"Aww, honey, I'm really sorry but this isn't about us, this is about you." My mom intoned as passionate as ever. "This is about you owning your true identity. This is about you learning how to trust your loved ones. I'm very happy that you were brave enough to come out to your dad."

"I..." I paused taking such a breath and slowly digesting what just went down in this dinner table. I almost want to cry but I knew I shouldn't be crying because this was a very phenomenal moment for me. I immediately got up from my chair hugged my mom and dad.

I can't imagine being accepted by both of my parents and they kind of played a game with me to be fucking real. They knew about it but they trusted their guts and hoped that I would eventually tell them the true. My grandma had it in her, she always knew what's up and God, may she rest in eternal peace.

I sat back on my chair smiling at both of my loving parents. Maybe this wasn't a boring thanksgiving after all.

After the dinner, I was probably the happiest son in the world. My dad just went on a heartfelt speech letting me know how he's truly okay with me being gay and that I shouldn't be worried about anything else. It was the best feeling in the entire world and I'm not going to replace it with anything.

It was already ten in the evening when I decided to freshen up and get ready for bed. I felt really contented with how things went down but then I suddenly realized I needed to check on my boyfriend. I was just wondering how was Xavier's thanksgiving.

"Hey..." I began once he answered my call.

"I-I can't breathe." Xavier opened up without even saying hello which startled me for a quick second. "Fuck... I just got out of the place." I could already hear how he was trying to inhale and exhale over the phone and it was just worrisome to hear him acting like this.

"Easy, Xavier, easy. W-what seems to be the problem, baby?" I asked already thinking something might have happened at the dinner that he went to. "Was the dinner shitty? What happened?"

"It was the shittiest dinner, babe. I'm not going to lie. I'm still trying to let everything sink in. Dad has a really fucked up family and I wished I just declined his invitation." Xavier went on and his tone made me feel wary about what happened.

"Wow. You sound like you're really exhausted. Do you want to come over?"

I heard Xavier clearing his throat before eventually speaking. "Dad just named me his heir."

"Shut the front door! What?" I almost jumped on my seat.

"Yeah... I just can't believe he just... Argghhh. Fuuuuck!" He groaned out of this looming frustration. He just announced it right in front of everybody else who's hungry for something and you all know these rich motherfuckers. They weren't very happy about it."

"T-that's fucked up."

"You know what's fucked up? Dad just announced my existence to the family for the first time and then he just fucking decides to tell them that I'm going to get everything."

"Everything?"

"I don't know what he meant by that but he said once he's gone, he's leaving everything to me."

"Shit, that's some sort of a TV drama right there."

"I know... It's just fucked up and I'm lost right now." Xavier admitted his feelings and if I could just hug him right now, I would've pulled him over. Obviously, he's flustered by what happened and I wasn't there so I could only assume and imagine things.

"So, d-do you want to come over and talk about it?"

"I-I think I want to spend my time alone. I-It's nothing against you, baby. I'm just exhausted for the night and I want to have this time to think and digest everything alone." Xavier replied and I'm not going to lie, I feel disheartened.

"I... Alright, I respect your decision, baby. But just so you know, I'll be here if you need someone to talk to."

"Yeah, thank you very much, babe. I love you."

"I love you, too. Good night."