twenty-nine

he's good to her and she wants it more than everything in between

—08/24/21—

messages

House Chat

Nick :P, Clay :|, Ren My Wife :O, Georgie :D, Callie :3

Callie :3 - we'll be driving back today
Callie :3 - Alex will be joining us

Ren My Wife :O - saying bye to everyone now :P

Nick :P - guys we have to come back here
Nick :P - i miss the dogs and fighting with Callie's sisters already and we havent left
Nick :P - plus callie fighting with her mom was fun to watch

Callie :3 - IT WASNT (this is alex)
Callie :3 - also this seems like more of a couples chat than it is a house chat bc of george so add me

Clay :| - no this is for people who live here not free loaners

Callie :3 - :0
Callie :3 - i see how it is (still alex)

Clay :| - see you guys soon

Ren My Wife :O - bye bitch :)

——

real life

"Nick will drive first. Then I'll go because I like night driving. Then Alex and then Callie because she also likes night driving. We'll keep that rotation so everyone is well rested when driving." Lauren said, looking between everyone as she said it.

"I have a lot less stuff than I thought." Callie said with a shrug, getting into the backseat with Alex.

"That's because Gigi let you keep half your stuff there for when you come back."

"Real!" Callie yelled as all doors shut. It was currently nearing ten in the morning and they didn't care what time they left because they knew they'd all hit traffic anyway.

The first few hours were fine. Playlists were going, Alex bought the first round if food, they made it to Virginia in no time.

When it hit Lauren's turn, people started driving too stupid and there was a lot of cussing coming from Lauren. Nick was asleep in the passenger seat, Alex was asleep with his head in Callie's lap while Callie controlled music for Lauren. She knew Lauren would do the same for her when it was her turn fir night driving.

"We need gas." Lauren huffed, pulling off at an exit and changing the gps to route to a gas station nearby. Callie paid for the gas while Lauren went inside to get any snacks they'd need. Or energy drinks.

Callie got back into her normal seat and Alex was now sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He fixed the beanie on his head and she smiled softly at him. Nick was snoring in the fromt seat and she had half a nerve ti blast rhe music and wake his ass up.

"Ready to go?" Lauren asked, purposely slamming her door shut which made Nick jolt awake.

"Yes, yes, yup, mhm." Nick rushed out, trying to take in his surroundings.

"Don't worry, I won't do that to you." Callie whispered to Alex. He smiled at her before leaning against the door and pulling her with him. She put on music from her phone connected to the car with a yawn. Being awake for 20 hours straight is a lot harder than she expected it to be.

By the time it was Alex's turn to drive, Callie had wanted to sit up front but couldn't. Her and Lauren were knocked out in the backseat, limbs tangled and blankets a mess.

"Remind me not to keep them up all night." Alex joked.

"Touché." Nick laughed back. "So when are you asking Callie out?"

"Well I have a good three weeks i'm here for still. So sometime then." Alex laughed, glancing at Nick before keeping his eyes on the road.

When Callie finally got behind the wheel, she knew she was in the home stretch. Lauren was still knocked, now being joined by Nick in the backseat. Music was playing softly throughout the car. It was loud enough for the two in the back to sleep through but for the two in the front to hear clearly.

"You seem quiet, you okay?"

"Just kinda hitting me that I finally got out. I finally did something on my own of my decision snd moved out of that fucking hell hole filled with trauma and bad memories. I'm sad Im leaving my family but this is good for me all the same."

"I'm very proud of you." Alex said fondly.

"I'm proud of me too." She whispered. Alex rested his hand on her arm, not wanting to push the physical touch since she was driving.

"I love you, by the way." Alex whispered, gaining the courage to finally spit it out. "You don't have to say anything, but I do."

"I love you too." Callie whispered back.

With only two hours left, Alex and Lauren switched seats for the rest of the drive so Alex could sleep some. Then finally, they were home.

Callie was home.

——

instagram

call1e.804

tagged cassidy

tagged cassidy.laurence, sapnapinsta, quackity
call1e.804 here have this picture of me driving back home :O

quackity i was asleep when this was taken
call1e.804 you were zonked amor

sapnapinsta you look so bad from that angle
call1e.804 you look bad from every angle so i wouldn't talk much if i were you

nyx.tucker you look so uninterested
call1e.804 i was driving for several hours before this picture was taken
m0rgan.tuck3r nobody cares :)
call1e.804 i hate you