twenty-five

even at their worst, they know they'll still be okay

—07/20/21—

trigger warning! : panic attacks

real life

**

"I don't care what you say, im moving here mom." Callie said before abruptly hanging up the phone. She huffed a breath before walking down the aisles, waiting for the twitch notification that Alex had gone live. She was distracted by the cans of Spaghetti-O's and Meatballs when her body collided with another.

"Oh my god! I'm so-"

She paused. Her breathing stopped. Her heart pounded faster. Her hearing cut out. Her vision ran fuzzy around the edges.

"Callie?" Hayden, Callie's ex, asked with a soft smile on his face. He reached a hand down to help her up and she moved back at a quick pace.

"Don't touch me." She said, voice quiet and panicked. "What are you even doing here?"

"I'm on active duty, Marine shit." He said with a shrug.

"Yeah cool, I'm gonna go." Callie said, struggling to stand on shaky legs.

"We should get together sometime." He said, grabbing her wrist and giving her a crooked smile.

"No thanks, I-I have a boyfriend." Callie panicked, prying his hand off her wrist and walking the opposite direction with a new motivation in mind.

Get the fuck home and call Alex.

——

flashback

"I think we should get food." Callie piped up from the backseat.

"I think we can manage that." Clay laughed, looking back at her with a smile. She didn't one hundred percent trust him yet, but he was higher on the list than her own brother so thats a plus.

"Sheetz food?" Lauren asked, pulling into the parking lot of the gas station not even a minute away from their parents new place.

"Uh duh! Im getting the tacos." Callie sang, unbuckling when they were completely stopped and parked. They all got out of Clay's car and walked inside.

"I'm running to the bathroom." Clay said, looking around for the sign. Once his eyes landed on it, he was gone.

"I'm getting chocolate milk. You still know my order?" Lauren asked, looking at Callie with a smile.

"Obviously, Ren." Callie said, shooing her away as she started on the orders. Her tacos, Lauren's appetizer thing, and whatever Clay wants when he gets back.

"Im back." Clay said, wiping his hands on his pants. Callie jumped, Clay having scared tje fuck out of her.

"Jesus-" She stopped talking immediately upon seeing a boy with dyed blonde hair that resembled her ex far too much for comfort. The guy who absolutely wrecked her world. The guy who made her fear the world. The guy who made her fear herself.

"Callie? Callie are you okay? Lauren what's happening?" Clay asked in a concerned tone of voice.

"Callie, it's okay. I saw him too and it's not him. It's somebody else. It's not him. I promise it's not."

"I cant do this. I can't handle it." Callie whispered, feeling a panic attack coming on a lot quicker than she had anticipated.

"Listen to me, Cal. It's not him. I swear on everything its not. It's not him."