eleven

but he knows her name

—05/12/21—

real life

"And they're gone." Callie said, letting out a sigh of relief. "And now we can leave the airport, let's go you little rats."

"We're waiting." Nick said with a smile.

"For what, I wanna go home." Callie groaned before sighing and pulling out her phone. She just aimless scrolled through whatever app she could connect to with the shitty service she was getting. Luckily she got calls and now her phone was ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you at?"

"The airport?"

"No shit, where in the airport idiot?"

"By the front doors since lauren and nick don't wanna leave yet."

"Good, be there in a second."

"Wha-" the phone was cut off before she could utter another word. "Why did Alex say he'll be here in a minute?"

"Is she always this dense?" Nick joked, wrapping an arm around Lauren's shoulders.

"You'd think you'd know that pda with my wife is unadvised in public." Callie sassed.

"I'm gonna make her my wife so she's mine and this is allowed." Nick sassed back, sticking his tongue out at her.

"Gives me more of a chance to make them my wife." Alex said, now standing behind Callie.

"I'm not turning around because there's no way you brought your shitty flirting to Florida and that's the first damn thing you say to me." Callie said calmly. Lauren and Nick laughed while Alex just hugged her from behind, setting his luggage on the ground. Callie tensed some, but relaxed after a few moments and turned around to properly hug him.

"Hi, Amor." Alex whispered.

"You're gonna make me red." Callie muttered into his shoulder. For the first time in years, she felt safe in someone else's arms without it being forced or after time.

"We can go home now, Cal." Lauren laughed after a few minutes.

"Callie give me my fiancé." Nick whined.

"You have Lauren!" Callie yelled. Alex laughed and pulled back, Callie doing the same. "Can I drive?"

"Oh please do." Lauren replied, slinging an arm around Callie's shoulders, abandoning the two boys in a hug. They soon followed behind like lost puppies.

"The infamous Callie driving. Is it as terrible as everyone makes it out to be?" Alex laughed, buckling into the passenger seat.

"Yes." Lauren and Nick said in unison.

"Buckle up, Bitches. Lauren turn on the good playlist please."

"Country, Sad, Nostalgia?"

"Nostalgia."

...

"I almost died." Alex said, walking into the house with his eyes wide.

"That was actually one of her better trips." Lauren said with a shrug, patting Alex on the back before walking to the couch and laying down on it.

"Let me show you to your room." Nick said, taking Alex's bags and having him follow. Callie put the keys on the counter and toed off her shoes before joining Lauren on the couch.

"You okay? You're quiet." Lauren said, glancing up from her phone. Callie shrugged, leaning her head back and staring at the ceiling.

"Talk later?" Lauren asked to which Callie nodded. She soon felt a presence next to her and saw Nick slide in behind Lauren.

"Movie night?" Clay asked, walking into the room with patched in his arms. He sat on the other end of the couch and picked up the tv remote.

"No horror, i am not about to have nightmares again."

"You wouldn't have anyone to call." Alex said, ruffling her hair with a smile.

"Let's watch Grownups." Lauren added, putting her phone on the coffee table.

"You always pick that one." Callie said, agreeing to the movie nonetheless. they all agreed on it and let the movie play.

...

"Thought i'd find you out here." Callie heard as the sliding door shut.

"You weren't supposed to be looking for me." Callie sighed, wiping her eyes from stray tears falling down her face.

"What's wrong, Amor?" Alex asked, sitting next to her. He wanted to reach out, but knew not of her physical limitations.

"I'm just tired of not meeting anyone's expectations. I dropped out of college, im not dating people quick enough and when i finally like someone it turns into a lecture or an interrogation. Im a failure and a disappointment and i dont have a job and i'm not enough for anyone in my family and it's so exhausting." Callie cried, leaning her head on her knees.

"Callie you're an amazing person. You don't need to fit into anyone's standards or expectations of who you are and what you live like. If you live by what everyone else wants you to do, you'll never live a life you remotely like. You'll never live a fulfilled life if you continue to let everyone mold you to their creation." Alex said, nudging her gently.

"How do I stop caring then?" Callie asked, turning her head to look at Alex.

"Can i see your hand?" He asked. When she nodded and offered her hand, he put all her fingers down except for her middle finger. "You do that to anyone who tries to tell you who to be or what to do."

"Is it that easy?"

"Nothing's black and white, Love." He said, resting his hand on hers still. She continued to look at him, scanning his features softly.

"I'll let you in eventually." She whispered, moving her fingers to gently interlock with his.

"I don't expect a thing." He replied, rubbing his thumb against the back of her hand as he smiled.

"I like you, Alex."

"Yeah, I like you too, Calliope."

"Listen i didn't call you, Alexis, for a reason!" She yelled making him laugh. She sat up and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"We're gonna be fine, Callie." He whispered, kissing the top of her head. After a few minutes they both walked inside and to their rooms which were next to one another.

"Can you stay, with me i mean?" Callie asked, tugging his hand back slightly.

"Of course I can." Alex said, walking into the room with her. "I do not condone pre-relationship sex though." Alex joked.

"Mmm, what about pre relationship cuddling?" She joked back to which he agreed. They both laid down together, Callie laying her head on Alex's chest as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"I don't like sex anyway." Callie whispered, her hands gripping onto Alex's shirt out of instinct of the topic.

"Yeah, Ive never really seen it as a necessity." Alex shrugged in response, keeping the hand on her back gentle and tracing pattern. "Let's go to bed, yeah? You're probably tired."

Callie nodded in response, shutting her eyes and relaxing into Alex's touch. If Lauren found them the next morning in the same bed and snapped some pictures, she never said a word of it.