twelve

she knows he'll always be here

—05/14/21—

twitter

Cal <3 @cals.life.1804
dude we went to a flower shop

1804dude we went to a flower shop

Cassie <3 @emotional.cass
we sure did!
|
Cal <3 @cals.life.1804
you better take me here again mf
|
Cassie <3 @emotional.cass
ofc ofc

Quackity @quackity
i saw dream :O

Quackity @quackityi saw dream :O

|
Cal <3 @cals.life.1804
an exact replica
|
Sapnap @sapnap
cannot believe he took it to checkout and said "look i found dream"
|
Cass <3 @emotional.cass
the poor lady was so confused

Karl @karljacobs
favorite type of flowers, go
|
Cal <3 @cals.life.1804
either tiger lily's or black petunias
here's a reference for the black petunias

1804either tiger lily's or black petunias here's a reference for the black petunias

|
Karl @karljacobs
all i see is you UNTIED SHOE YOU HAZARD TO SOCIETY
|
Cal <3 @cals.life.1804
it's so when i inevitably fall, el quackity can catch me
|
Quackity @quackity
you already fell for me amor, i already caught you
|
Cal <3 @cals.life.1804
i meant physically but that too

———

real life

"It's raining!" Callie yelled, looking out the sliding glass door. The rain pummeled against it, making a noise that become comforting to her overtime. Thunder roared outside, but Callie never flinched. She just watched, completely enthralled by the weather she deemed her favorite.

"Wanna go dance in it?" Lauren asked, stepping up next to her with amusement in her eyes.

"Duh." Callie said, immediately going for the glass door in front of her and opening it. As soon as the door was open, her and Lauren ran out, laughing the entire way as the cold rain, heat and humidity enraptured her entirety.

After a few minutes they both heard "Can I Have This Dance" from High School Musical 3 playing and started singing and dancing, their words cut off by giggles and heavy laughter as they terribly slow danced.

"Sorry to cut you off, but I'm gonna go ahead and butt in." Nick said, taking over Callie's place. She went to make a comment of how rude he was until she saw Alex standing in front of her, smile on his face and hand extended. Her face turned red as she grabbed his hand and they started to dance.

"You're gonna be all wet now." Callie said, allowing Alex to spin her around the slippery grass of the backyard and knowing he wouldn't let her slip.

"Yeah, but it's worth it. Plus, you kinda lost your dance partner, figured you'd need a fill in." Alex said with a smile and a playful wink. She smiled back, leaving silence between them as they danced.

Everything fell quiet between them. It was as if nobody was there, as if everything was faded into another world and they were the only ones in the entire universe left.

Things quickly became apparent again when thunder clapped loudly in the sky. She looked up, the dark clouds making the world look as if it wasn't two in the afternoon, but closer to sundown.

"I like seeing you like this, Callie." Alex whispered, the words hanging in the air between them. She took them in, drowned in them as she looked back toward Alex.

"Like what?" They asked, keeping their eyes trained on his and almost melting into them.

"Happy, careless, beautiful." He listed off, struggling to find words that correctly described the person before him. Not enough words could describe the person who is Calliope Tucker. At least, not for Alex.

"Yeah, well someone recently told me to throw up my middle finger to those who want to control me, so I'd say im feeling pretty careless right now." Callie said with a fond smile. Before Alex could speak a response, everyone was stopped abruptly.

"Get inside, the storm's supposed to get worse soon." Clay yelled from the open door. Everyone turned to look at him and agreed. They made their way to the door, grabbing a towel when Clay handed them one.

"That looked like a scene from some romance movie." Clay said, closing the door behind everyone as they dried off.

"Probably did." Nick said with a smile, ruffling his hair with the towel as if his clothes weren't making a puddle on the floor.

"Who came up with the idea again?"

"Lauren did." Callie said, throwing her under the bus with no hesitation.

"It's true." Lauren shrugged. Callie smiled, continuing to dry herself off with the towel.

"Im changing now, goodbye." Callie said, walking back towards her bedroom with Alex in tow. She walked right past her door and down towards the other spare room where Alex was staying.

"Why are you going to my room?" Alex asked, curiosity lacing his tone.

"Well, I didnt say whose clothes I was changing into, just that I was changing period."

"So you're taking my clothes?" Alex asked, opening the door to his room for her and letting her enter.

"Precisely." Callie said with a shrug. Alex laughed softly, opening his suitcase he has yet to unpack and pulled out a small bag. "What's that?"

"Oh, all the clothes I was planning on already giving you. But since you asked so nicely now..." He trailed off, no need to explain anything. Callie smiled, albeit small, but a smile nonetheless. He untied the bag and handed her the neatly folded clothes inside. There we're completely new and untouched boxers still in the box, an oversized t-shirt that she remembers him wearing on FaceTime what seemed like forever ago, a pair of shorts, a pair of sweats, and then an additional hoodie pulled out of his suitcase.

Callie felt seen for once, she felt cared for and heard and loved.

"Gabby told me you liked to wear boxers but that you could never get yourself to buy them, so I bought them for you. The rest are just my clothes. I was going to give them to you before I left, but since you already planned on taking from my thinly supplied bag of clothes, I'll give them to you now." Alex explained. Callie smiled, picking up the clothes she was changing into and walking to the bathroom. She couldn't speak words yet, not after everything he just did for her. It was small, yes, but something nobody ever does or has ever done for her.

When she cane back out of the bathroom, she walked directly to Alex's room, the door being cracked giving the go ahead for her to walk in. When she did, she saw him laying on the bed, phone in hand as he scrolled through twitter.

"Thank you." Callie whispered, walking to the bed and climbing over him so she was laying beside him.

"For what?" He asked, immediately sifting his fingers through her hair.

"Everything, Alex." She whispered, closing her eyes and allowing her body to relax into his.

If she said she didn't sleep well, it'd be a lie she told to keep up an act.