nineteen

she toes the line between them

—06/20/21—

messages

Jon 💕

wanted to wish you a happy father's day. i know we dont talk and you don't consider me your daughter anymore, but i just wanted to say it. have a good day :)

i don't understand why or how you could do this to us. you could have saved this family but instead you told your whore mother she could go off and fuck some other guy.
you ruined this family by allowing it.
you're a backstabber.
im beyond disappointed in you for this.
you're the oldest. you should be encouraging your sisters to do good things. instead youre teaching them how to breakup a family.
theres no way you didnt know before i got told. i dont believe your sisters when they say that.
you guys want him as your father?
the guy who doesnt know anything about you?
then fine.
you seem perfectly content with that.
so go have him as your dad, callie.
go wish him a happy fathers day, not me.
you ruined that one yourself.

sorry.

...

Fajer ❤️‍🩹

happy father's day, dad! i love you! have a good day!

thanks sweetie! i love you too.

...

Ren's Idiot Dad + Mom's Loser Bf :P

happy father's day :)

thanks kiddo
have a good day

thank you!
you too!

——

flashback

"Honey, I'm dating Lauren's dad." Callie's mom said, driving down the familiar streets of their town.

"What?" She asked, incredulity seeping into her tone.

"Are you okay with that?"

"I mean its your life. What are you gonna do, not date him because i don't want you to?"

"I mean yeah, you girls are more important."

"No I mean its fine. But if he fucking cheats on you i can promise you i'll kill him. What about Jon though?"

"I havent told him yet. I wanna tell him though, so don't tell him yet."

"But-"

"You're the first to know. Don't say anything okay? It's your sister's dad, they should hear from me and I want him to hear from me."

"So what happens if Jon doesn't like it?"

"He'll probably leave, if im being honest. But you've known that was going to happen for years, so I need you to be there for your sisters."

"Yeah, yeah thats fine."

...

"Calliope." Her step-father's aggrivated voice flowed through the phone and she knew that was it. She knew it'd be the final time she spoke to him or heard his voice. She just knew.

"Hey, Jon." She whispered, sitting down on her bed. She was packing to go to Lauren's for a week or so since she had off. She was also helping move the rest of Lauren's dad's stuff back. "What's up."

"Don't fucking take that innocent tone with me. Did you know your whore mother was sleeping with Lauren's dad?! I mean of fucking course you did! You're best friends with his kid! How could you do this to us?! Why didn't you tell me, Calliope! I'm your dad! I deserve to be in your life! Your mother has wanted me out for years but i stuck around for you girls!"

"Jon-"

"No, I'm done. You girls can call him your dad now. I'm tired of not being your dad, Callie."

The line disconnected and It felt like she was just stabbed in the gut. It felt like the knife was still lingering, waiting to be removed and allowing her to bleed out.

She felt the closest to dead she'd ever felt.

"Momma." Callie said, watching her mother walk into her room. "Jon just said he didn't want to be our dad anymore."

For the news she just got, she was surprisingly tear free at the moment. Her heart was hammering and she desperately needed a hug. But her mother's face never morphed. It never held care nor concern.

"I mean you knew this was coming, Callie. We're going out for a bit, Make sure you get the rest of his stuff when you're in Florida, okay? Let me know before you leave."

And just like that, the tears fell one by one as she felt her entire world crumble.

——

real life

Callie laid in bed, phone on dnd as to ignore everyone. She was tired of disappointing everyone. She was tired of feeling everything she wasn't allowed to feel.

"Alex is on the phone and wants to talk to you." Lauren said, walking into the room with a lit up face.

"Tell him I'm busy." Callie whispered, rolling over to face the wall.

"Callie you can't just-"

"Lauren, I love you, but if you even try to tell me how to feel when you know jack fucking shit i will not hesitate to deck you in the damn face." Callie said, sitting up and staring at Lauren with the most serious look on her face.

"Jesus, fine." Lauren said, slamming the door on the way out, She picked up her phone and saw a message lingering above the blocked off notification section.

Amore :] - call me please, i wanna make sure you're okay <3

And just like she knew she'd do eventually; instead of answering the message, she swiped it away, clearing the notification completely and acting like it was never there.

That was her breaking point.