Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

"Do you see something?" I whisper, i look around watching for any sort of shadow; another snap behind me goes off. I spin around pressing my back to Matt's; my eyes squint as i see a large shadow move in the distance.

"Stay with me," he says, "Do you trust me?"

"Always," I say back; figures begin to emerge from the trees large guys wearing white full face masks, guns in their hands as they step out. Matt grabs hand and gives it a squeeze.

"What do you want?" Matt asks someone on his side, my eyes stay trained on the three guys in front of me about ten steps away from me. One tilts his head to the side as i stare him down, i don't blink because i don't want to miss anything.

"The girl," One answers.

Matt laughs, "You have to go through me first."

Without hesitation Matt fires off a few shots, i pull out the spare gun that he had tucked away in his jeans and aim it towards the guys in front of me; i pull the trigger and shoot one in the shoulder. Matt steps to my side and looks at the three in front of me.

"What do you want with me?" I ask, stepping in front of Matt before he could fire off anymore shots. Their guns were aimed at Matt, "If you shoot him, i'll just off myself." I threatening as they had no intention of killing me.

"Oh honey," one says, my blood runs cold when i recognise the voice, "You may have won tonight but watch your back."

"Don't Matt," I hiss as he tries to step in front of me, "Randy, you really have issues dude."

He laughs, "Missed you to babe."

"So you are the one texting me?" I ask him, he tilts his head to the side and shakes his head.

"Not me hun," he says, "We aren't the only ones after you then, yay competition."

I smile aiming my gun at him, "Won't be much competition once i fucking kill you."

"You won't," he laughs; the memories from the hotel enter my mind and without a second thought i pull the trigger and the bullet goes straight through his mask into his skull; he drops to the floor instantly, "Anyone else what to fucking die tonight!" I scream out; the other two run off into the woods.

My heart raced as the realisation runs through me, i had killed someone; Randy, Delilah's brother and he was dead. The fucked thing was that i enjoyed it, i turn to Matt and pull him into a hug.

"Next time they are aiming at you and not me, stay behind me," I demand.

He chuckles, "That was hot."

I roll my eyes, "Don't flirt with me when there's," i peer around his body and see four guys dead on the ground, "Five dead people around us."

"We better go incase they come back," he says, "I'll call Richard for the clean up, you okay?"

He grabs my hand and pulls me away from the scene, "Yeah."

"The first kill usually isn't the easiest thing to go through."

I shrug, "Honestly there was a lot of pent up anger when it came to Randy and if this is my new way of living i have to be used to it."

"We may just get along," he winks at me; we end up jogging the rest of the way and we got back to the car he took his gun off of me and called one of his men to get rid of the scene.

"I might go to the safe house tomorrow," I tell him; i had to receive the things my parents wrote in the letter, "Justin will want to know about what happened tonight."

"Can't you just text him?" He asks, "I don't want you going out there alone."

I smile at him, "It's adorable how protective you are over me considering i just stood in front of three guns to protect you."