Chapter Twelve

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. - Elbert Hubbard

__________________

WALKING into class Monday morning after a weekend New York City never felt so weird; i had spent a somewhat beautiful weekend in a rat infested city. I wore a beautiful dress, spent time with my best friend exploring and then i got shot at. Somehow ended up in my Professors hotel room and now i was stood on the polished gym floor while the same professor in his gym clothes which consisted of grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt. It was safe to say i had joined in with the girls whom had been swooning since he walked into the place.His muscles flexed beneath the shirt every time he would move even the slightest bit; i wanted to take myself out for even thinking about him sexually.

Every time his eyes would land on me even for a small second my breath gets caught in my throat and i think about our one-sided conversation in the elevator "If you were mine no one would ever touch you again" and the fact he said he can't promise to stay away from me. He was slowly pulling me out from underneath what was stopping me from sleeping with him again and developing feelings for him, the fact he was my professor and our age difference. Which wasn't that bad, i look down at my feet as he explains the rules of Badminton.

"Have you spoken to Randy?" Penny whispers, i glance at her and shake my head.

I hadn't told her about what exactly happened, just that we had a argument about the Rebecca girl and on my way walking back to the hotel this morning Price saw me and picked me up. It felt wrong to lie but i couldn't exactly tell her that Randy threatened to kill her and my father, as well as him shooting at me. I press my hand against my wound, it was healing quickly and should be done by the weekend. When i look up at my teacher he was eyeing me, everyone else had ran to go grab the Badminton equipment and i must have zoned out.

"You okay?" He asks stepping forward, i step back and he stops quickly.

"I'm fine," my eyes avoid his as i search for Penny, "i better go help."

"It will need replacing," he says before i could walk off, "If you want i can do it later in the classroom, i also have your dress."

I hesitate thinking of what could happen in that classroom if we were left alone, "Is there a way you can just have it delivered to my parents house? I'm sure with your resources you have the ability to do that and i can fix my own arm up. Thanks for the offer though."

He steps forward as i go to walk past him, i stop almost slamming into him. He was risking it getting this close to me during class but everyone seemed to be preoccupied by Badminton.

"I want to help you," he says lowly, "You really won't let up on the whole professor thing won't you?"

I shake my head, "It's not right and frankly i assume its illegal, plus why are you so adamant about this? You can get any girl you want that's your age, it's not like you're ugly."

He raises an eyebrow, "Why would i want anybody else when i can have you?"

I hiss underneath my breath, "We slept together one time Price, last year i just don't understand this whole thing."

"Zoe!" Jackson calls out, "Join my team."

I smile at him before looking back at Price, "Don't get me wrong i'm grateful for what you did in New York but that didn't change anything, please just send my dress to my father's place and stop saying all these hot things to me."

"Hot things?" He smirks.

I groan, "All these inappropriate things."

I walk away feeling stupid for saying hot, it wasn't a lie him saying that he wants me to be his, calling me mine made me whole body shiver in excitement. Jackson throws me a racket, Penny and Bradly on the other side of the net.