Side Episode 14 "Die to Self"

(After Lothar left the Fade, Scythem and Terah walked toward the pillar of pure Fade energy.)

Terah: That is a lot of concentrated energy. So what's our course of action?

Scythem: I know the one behind this is trying to attract me to this light pillar like a moth to a light, but I'll still have to use it. If Lothar gets the idea, he will join the others and weaken Mother Rial on the outside, while I do it on the inside.

Terah: (tilts her head) You mean...

Scythem: I'll embrace my role as her Prize Child.

Terah: I see. But won't you be giving yourself into her hands?

Scythem: Rial cares about her Prize Child above all else...she needs me to be the next "parent" of the Fade. She won't kill her only successor...or at least I hope she wouldn't.

Terah: It's super risky.

Scythem: I know, but I'm all out of options. (Halts)

(The entire area grew even darker as the wind picked up speed. It was at that moment, he felt and saw his past through the pillar as Mother Rial was saying it to the others outside. Not only his past, but how his past experiences were set in motion and affected by Rial's influence. Not a word escaped from Scythem's mouth as he shocked by this revelation to his core.)

Terah: Scythem? Scy, what's wrong? (Rubs his back) You look like you saw something...something you didn't want to see.

Scythem: (horrified) I remember now, Terah. I remember all of it. My parents...my home...the war...the torture...the Fade...she was waiting for me....I was the final piece. It was orchestrated by her. (Looks at her with watery eyes) Terah, I-

Terah: (grasps his hands, extremely worried) We can't afford to waver now, Scy. Whatever you saw, was clearly sent to deter you from getting this done.

Scythem: But Terah....your death was really because-

Terah: (fights back the tears) What's done is done. (Leans her head against his) And I need you stay the course, Scythem. You know what must be done. You know what you always used to say about footprints and the past.

Scythem: (nods repeatedly) Yes...you're right. You're right. I have to end this. It has to be done. (Looks at the light) Even from my birth, I've only ever brought ruin and death. (Looks down)

Terah: (pulls him closer) Don't do this, Scythem. Not now. The Scythem I knew, loved, and married, wouldn't give up when everything was stacked against him. He would tell me to be strong and to keep fighting for what's right.

Scythem: (breathes) ....but Terah...if I do this...

Terah: (whispers softly) You have to let me go. It's okay...it's alright.

Scythem: .... (Looks away)

Terah: (Looks at him in the eyes) You still have a chance to make this right, my love. And that's nore than enough. I have faith in you.

Scythem: (kisses and hugs her tightly for the final time) I love you, Terah. (Slowly lets her hand go)

Terah: Go on now, my beloved hero.

Scythem: (walks towards the light himself)

Terah: (tearfully smiles as the wind blew her hair) Go on...

Scythem: (reaches the pillar)

Voice: This is the course of action you've decided to take.

Scythem: (turns around and sees the Voices as Keyla) I knew you would show up eventually.

Keyla: The Fade has changed since the last time we met. You've changed since the last time we met.

Scythem: I doubt I've changed much. I'm still trying to fix the mistakes I've made and help save my friends...if they even see me as such. My whole life has been built on shortcomings and fatal mistakes. Despite the small moments of happiness in between, I've done more harm than good...I've caused so many problems for people that don't even know what the Fade is. All of this because Rial wanted me to be the perfect Child for her future.

Keyla: Perception is everything. This is what separates the Fade from the Force. No single individual can bear the infinite potential of the Force. You will though as the Prize Child of the Fade.

Scythem: That's where you're wrong. I will become the Prize Child, I will take on that role of power, but I will turn that power on Mother Rial and give it up in the end.

Kelya: ... Preposterous.

Scythem: No one person should ever wield that kind of authority over the galaxy...never again. I'm going to give her a taste of her own medicine and see how she likes a sweet lie and a beautiful dream. Justice must be done for the millions of lives Rial has ruined. (Steps forward in the pillar and begins to absorb its energy and everything around)

Keyla: (shocked) You're serious.

(It was then, he began to feel the millions upon millions of the souls of the evil and the innocent that were trapped and sent to the Fade. All their memories, all their actions, all their wrongdoings, all their feelings...all his own. Every mission, every face, every assassination, every Fade usage...everything that ever had a part with the Fade was channeled into Scythem.)

Keyla: Oh you're very serious!

Scythem: (tries to push through the pain) It all ends here.

Keyla: You realize if you do this and give up the Fade in the end, you will never see Terah or the ones in this realm ever again?

Scythem: (tenses up) I know...but in order to do the right thing, you always gotta be willing to die to self first. (Goes all in)

(Without a single moment of fear or doubt, Scythem did what the Mother only dreamed he would do, he took on all the Fade on his own shoulders...changing his outward appearance to that of a blackish glow. He then ascended into the sky preparing to be summoned, while devouring the Abyss and the Void like a black hole.)

(For a split second the real Keyla broke through the million voices within herself and spoke before getting absorbed as well.)

Keyla: (grins) Go get em, Scy.

End Episode.