Side Episode 11 "Plucked the Strings"

(An unknown amount of time had past since Scythem entered back into the Fade and trekked through the void as undetected as possible. He could only hope that Lothar wasn't dragged down into the abyss where the real trouble was.)

Scythem: (moves through the Fade) What I would give for the Fade to not be so shrouded in- (senses something)

Echo: ......5555555555 13

Scythem: (zones in on the echo)

Echo: ...25 20 5 13

Scythem: (listens) What is this?

Echo: 19 3 25 20 5 13

Scythem: (Zones in even more)

Echo: 19 c 25 h 5 13..... 19 ct 20 5 m.....sc 25 th 5 m.... Sc 25 them...

Scythem: (realizes what it is and moves toward it)

Echo: Scythem....

Scythem: (teleports to the realm where the echo came from) So this is where it's coming fro-

(Scythem stood shocked as he appeared back in the Vice's old training pit with the remains of the freakish Puppet strung up before him.)

Scythem: I know you...

The Puppet: I am The Puppet....heir of the scorned and shamed. The willless acolyte of the Fade and its masters. (Continues to fall apart) And you Scythem Vice have now fallen for my trap. Now you will perish along with me...without the Mother even knowing... (Laughs)

Scythem: (hides his sorrow) Enough, Puppet. No more games. (Raises his hand and releases the disguise) Show me your real face...if there is any left.

(As he peeled back the false face of The Puppet, the creature slowly grew more scared and shameful. Once it was done, Scythem dropped his arm at who played The Puppet.)

Scythem: Tel-mon....

Tel-mon: (despondently) Now you see me...for what I am, brother?

Scythem: I will give you no pity, Tel-mon. I just want to know why? Why must you constantly hurt those I care about?

Tel-mon: Can you even say you cared for me?

Scythem: I did, brother, but your actions led you down a path I could not join you on.

Tel-mon: I thought the Ring was the strength I needed protect us and our future...but the Fade made me it clear...it didn't respect me or want me. It only want you...the man that walked away from the power to change the galaxy.

Scythem: I'm sorry, Tel-mon, that you could not see the big problem arising. We were playing with powers we didn't understand.

Tel-mon: It doesn't matter. I made my choice. I chose wrong...and suffered the consequences. I lost my first family, my best friend, the Ring, my second family...even little June. (Rubs the dirt moud next to him with his one good arm)

Scythem: (ruffles his brow) Then why did you return and take control of her?

Tel-mon: Return? Scythem, after my final battle on Sullust...I never left this place. Sisthys...(shivers) the Elder Children have tormented me ever since that day. They managed to strip everything thing from me...save this single memory of our past.

Scythem: So it was the Elder Children all along. (Closes his eyes) The day I got out the Fade, was the day you went in.

Tel-mon: The Mother saw me as the Fade's greatest mistake. And so this is where I abide, unable to end myself...awaiting my final death. I do not mind being hated as the enemy...at least I will be remembered somehow.

Scythem: We spent all this time fighting each other. I wish we only used our original source of strength instead.

Tel-mon: And what could that possibly have been?

Scythem: (crouches down and grips his hand) Our real bond. Our brotherhood.

Tel-mon: (tears up with the black blood) Even after all this time, you still see me as family?

Scythem: How could I not? I'm not sorry for what I did against you back then...but I am sorry that I had to do it. Regardless, I wish the real Tel-mon I knew back then could see his niece and nephew now.

Tel-mon: (sniffles) I could never attain the right to your forgiveness after all the pain I've caused you and the galaxy.

Scythem: I know...but I can grant you a real death.

Tel-mon: (his eyes widen) Would you?

Scythem: Yes. (Stands up) Before passing, you should know, Tel-mon, aside from one person...(gives a small grin) you truly have the biggest heart I've ever scene.

Tel-mon: (bows his head and smiles)...

Scythem: Farewell, little brother. (Makes his hand glowing white and stabs through Tel-mon chest)

Tel-mon: (looks up) Thank....you...brother. (Dies)

(The strings curled and wrapped around his body completely. Scythem then buried him in their family training pit.)

Scythem: (exhales) It should never have come to this. I did this. I brought the this terror to the Skywalkers, the Solos, and the Vices and countless others in the galaxy...but that doesn't mean it has to end that way. I won't fail you, Lo...(looks serious) Not this time. (Vanishes)

End Episode.