8 - You say Run

It only took me 5 months to post a new chapter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) prepared himself as he saw the giant zero-point robot from the entrance exam approaching behind the other 3 robots in front of him. 

"What's the plan here?" Normal (Y/N) asked, slightly worried about the zero-point robot considering what it took to take down the original one back then. Just as he asked, the zero-pointer completely froze while Present Mic commented on what just happened.

Seeing a small window of opportunity to catch up with Todoroki before the robot collapses, he pushed his hands forward as a shockwave of electricity forced the robot in front of him back, temporarily shorting its systems, allowing him to run past.

He could hear in the back people cheering at the fact that Todoroki set up an easy path for them before the cheers changed to yelling as the ice started breaking, "Hey, HEY! IT'S COMING DOWN!"

"Just trust me!"
The world around him slowed down as electricity sparked in his eyes, speeding forward. Though he wasn't as fast as he once was, he was fast enough to get out under the zero-pointer before he came to a stop on the other side, sliding across the dirt.

Looking back, he could see Midoriya and Uraraka standing side by side as the robots came through the dust thrown up by the zero-pointer falling to the ground earlier.

Turning back around, a robot charged toward him with its arm, narrowly dodging out of the way before shooting a bolt of electricity at it, causing the circuits to short out.

Although he might have gotten a bit further ahead, he wasn't completely clear yet. Walking over to the downed robot, he pulled off one of its platings and ripped off some of the wires, quickly making a makeshift rope dart. 

Swinging it around, he directed it toward a robot coming towards him, sending the dart through its chassis and platings before pulling it back out and swinging it around at another, completely taking its head off. 

Looking ahead, Todoroki was nowhere to be seen as he was already past the first obstacle. "Damn it!" (Y/N) shouted out loud, quickly tying the rope dart around his waist.

Right before he was about to give chase, a robot came crashing down beside him as Uraraka dropped down next to him, both of them giving a quick nod to each other before they ran side by side to hopefully catch up with Todoroki.

The two reached the second obstacle with everyone slowly catching up behind them and they could see Todoroki about halfway through. "Jesus Christ, how big is that fall...?" Normal (Y/N) appeared beside (Y/N), looking down at the endless void below.

'I think the better question is how they even found the budget to make this in the first place.' (Y/N) replied as he tried to think of some easier method to get past this.

"So how did you get past this last time?"

'Tethering to the platform and then straight up pulling myself ahead...'

He was about to talk to Uraraka until a certain pink-haired support course engineer walked past the crowd, talking about how this is her time to show off her support items to the world. 

Some people questioned how she's allowed to have items and she quickly explained that because she's part of the support course, she's allowed to have her own inventions to keep things fair.

'That's her. Hatsume Mei, the one who probably allowed me to go fast enough to change time itself without the device the other us needed.'

"She's pretty energetic huh?"