Happy birthday

("Al it's his birthday you can't do this to him"

OH YEAH?!

WELL

🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Mild gore warning? There's a mention of blood and flesh)

.
.
.
.
.

"...Happy birthday to you." Rui sang, staring up at the sky. In his hands, he held a small birthday cake. It was covered in yellow icing, with the words "Happy 20th birthday!" written on the top.

Except there was no 20th, for Tenma Tsukasa had passed away some years back on May 16, a day before he even turned 18. That was two years and a day ago. Ironic, really. How the numbers 1 and 2 were the duo's go-to numbers and that happened to be the date the Weirdo Duo was reduced to just, well, Weirdo.

May 17th was supposed to be a joyous day. Apparently, Tsukasa had planned thrown himself a party to thank those who kept him alive up until that point. An act of gratitude to his friends and family. He was on his way to finish up a few errands when a drunk driver rammed right into his body at high speeds and sent him sliding across the street. He was killed instantly. According to witnesses, a good portion of the sidewalk was drenched in blood. Some even stated that they saw bits of his skin stuck in the hood of the van which drove off.

To make matters worse, the perpetrator was alive. Arrested yes, but the bastard was given a chance to live when the brightest star to ever grace the Earth was stripped of the chance to make his dreams come true.

Fate was cruel, Rui thought.

.
..
...

Emu was smart. She didn't seem like it, but she was. And she knew all stars burn out eventually. But she wished they didn't. Not when the brightest one she knew wasn't out there, twinkling away. Today, her dearest friend turned 20 years old.

Except he didn't. He was dead. And his murderer had been allowed to continue living.

Yes, it had been two years, but everyone handles grief differently, no?

Emu is also a massive dreamer. She'd do anything she can just to get rid of this solemn feeling, to get rid of the grief she feels. Hell, she wishes she could just forget about him altogether.

She knows no amount of wishes would bring him back, but oh Pheonixes in all their glory, she wants them to. She wants to see him again, to perform shows with him again.

She tries to smile. His birthday shouldn't be remembered as a sad occassion! He wouldn't want that!

.
..
...

Nene? Well she had been faring far better than the other two. Grief stricken, yes. But she's able to heal. Slowly. Hopefully. I mean, someone had to be emotionally stable in the relationship and she damn well knew it wasn't gonna be Emu or Rui.

Still, she misses that annoying idiot. He was noisy and too social for her liking, but he saw her as someone fit for a future of greatness and nobody had treated her that way before. He was too kind for his own good. She wishes he could just appear and scream about how "good she was at the video game".

She sits in SEKAI, clicking away at her console.

It was strange, really. The sole creator of the place was gone and yet the world was still intact. Gloomy yes but there nonetheless. She had inquired about it to KAITO. The virtual singer hummed and said that Tsukasa's desire to make people smile was so strong, those feelings lingered and kept the world stable. Nene laughs, if Tsukasa was the person she asked he'd have a completely different answer. It's not like she can ask him anymore though.