water simile I pulled out of my ass

("Al how many times are you gonna make tsks suffer?"

Until the day I die)

.

.

.

Life is like water, Tsukasa believed. Calm, clear and going in directions that lead to who knows where. He believed that each person was their own body of water and that the entire global population made a vast ocean.

Life was useful like water, Tsukasa thought. Water had many uses. It could be used to make drinks or to be drank as is. Water could be used to wash things. To feed animals. Even house them! Water can also be used as a passtime, like in swimming. Kinda like life. A person may devote their life to a good cause, like what doctors do.

But like water, a simple mistake could cause chaos. When a pebble falls into a lake, it causes ripples but only in a small area. Everywhere else is unaffected. That was like life.

There were days where Tsukasa wakes up feeling useless, though those days seem to be occuring more and more lately. Like a river in a drought.

But he had no right to complain. He didn't deserve to. He had a good life, why should he start complaining when there was someone who had it worse? Compared to the wide ocean that is the human population, the ripples in his life meant nothing.

Water can be used to drown things. Like how in life, in order to survive, one must wash out all imperfections. He'll drown out his own self and wash it away, to leave a perfect person. He'll become someone that people expect him to be. Like how people expect water to be calm and clear, and without the ugly truth that is polluted oceans.