UWOWOOOOGGGGG ROYALTYYYYY

(The cool titles only go to the albedo oneshot book btw. Only one blond pathetic man is allowed to be sophisticated)
(Ruikasa again... fluf...  OOC ehehehe[with emunene for like one second]
Also I'm too lazy to describe their clothes so let's just say it's wedding rui and white day tsukasa for visuals)
.
.
.
.
.
.

Balls were not an uncommon practice in the Kamishiro kingdom, especially when they were celebrating something. Today was the evening of the annual autumn gala. Nobles and royals from afar were welcomed into the kingdom as the commonfolk had their own festival in town. Although, it was mostly politically motivated, much to the boredom of the prince. His parents understood his dismay and handled all the political spiel for him. He figured he'd have to deal with it eventually but it can wait.

Speaking of the prince, he gestured to his friend to not tell his parents anything before she was whisked away to a dance by a maiden from afar. Chuckling, he quickly snuck out of the party.

Outside was a knight stationed near the palace gates. He leaned against the wall, cup of coffee in hand, wanting nothing but to go back inside. Not that he wanted to go to the gala, he heard from his friends that were on duty inside that it was the most boring ordeal they'd dealt with, no. The chill of the autumn breeze was too cold for even him to handle.

While he technically is done with his job, he can't go back inside until the foreign guests leave. Y'know, an image to keep and all that.

"My, my, captain Tenma. Slacking off from work? Tsk tsk, that will not do!" a teasing voice cooed from nearby. "You're one to talk, my prince. Sneaking away from the gala, I assume?" he replied, used to the prince's antics. "Fufu, getting bold, Tsukasa? And yes, as per usual." Rui chuckled.

"The moon is lovely tonight, wouldn't you say?" Rui muses, looking up. Tsukasa merely hums in agreement. The music was faintly heard from inside.

"As dull as the gala may be, admittedly the music puts me in quite a good mood," Rui turns to the knight, bowing and extending a hand. The moon gently illuminated his tall frame as he stared fondly at the knight. 'Oh no. He's beautiful.' Tsukasa thought.

"Might I ask for a dance, o mighty warrior?" Rui asked. "A-a dance?! Oh... well... I'm sorry but I was never taught how to- eh?!" Tsukasa gets pulled in by Rui, his poor coffee left forgotten on the floor.

Their faces were now merely centimeters away from each other. "That's alright. I'll lead you." he reassured. They got into position. Rui followed the tune of the music, leading the dance.

It was just them there. The soft sound of the distant tunes from inside the palace, the moon and stars illuminating the empty space, it felt like time stopped just for them. They danced, not as knight and prince, but as Rui and Tsukasa.

"Dear me, Tsukasa! Don't tell lies like that, you're a natural." the prince commented, halting the dance. Rui raised Tsukasa's chin and placed a small kiss at the tip of his nose.

"My prince, what if they catch us?" Tsukasa mutters, the knight reduced to merely a red, flustered mess. "Mm... I doubt it." he replies. He goes closer to Tsukasa, once again having their faces quite close. "And I doubt they'd have the guts to snitch." he whispered. Rui chuckled and kissed Tsukasa. "Cute~!"

"Stop teasing me!" Tsukasa exclaims, using his cape to hide his flushed face. "You have the most entertaining reactions." the prince laughed, extending his hand once more. "There's still plenty more time for the gala. Might I ask for another dance?" he asks. "Wel... it would certainly be rude for a knight to reject his liege." Tsukasa takes his hand as they danced the evening away.