another rtsk angst fic

(Song: Hold On- Chord Overstreet
Trigger warnings: suicide, hospitals, descriptions of sh, blood and sharp objects

Also no idea where the plot is going I'm just going with the flow)
.

.

.

Loving and fighting
Accusing, denying

One way to describe the relationship between the leader and director of a small theatre troupe. One second they're all lovey dovey that you'd have the urge to remind them that they were in public, and then the next you hear a boom.

Then you see the star scolding the director with frizzy hair, possibly accusing him of making something dangerous. Of course, the taller boy alway denied such claims with crocodile tears.

But they always made up. The director would place a small kiss on his beloved's forehead.

Everyday was never dull with these two. May it be in school where they always got in trouble, or at work where who knows what silly twists happen in their plays. One thing was true, as chaotic as it was, it was always a joyous day.

.
.
.

Although, as joyous as everything was, there will always be hidden secrets, one that Rui would discover. He stared at his love's arms, which were littered in scars. "My love, why?" he asked, tears welling in his eyes.

He pulled the shorter boy into an embrace. "Why? Don't you trust me enough?"

Little does he know this has been going on long before they even met. "It's not your fault" goes unsaid.

He thinks back. Maybe it was his fault. They teased him non-stop, maybe the insults actually dug deeper than they thought? Oh man, he messed up big time.

Rui looked at the love of his life in the eyes. "If anything is wrong, please don't hesitate to come to me. I'm your partner, it's my job to take care of you isn't it?". He held his lover's hands. "I don't want to imagine a world without you, my star. I don't know what I'd do with myself if you left."

His lover nodded. "I'm sorry. I won't do this again." he apologized. 'Dammit I'm burdening someone again.'

But one of them was lying, and it was obvious who it was.

.
.
.

Another show gone wrong.

And everyone was particularily stressed with this one. And it led to one arguement after another. Needless to say, hurtful words were said and stuff they didn't mean hurt like daggers.

Maybe that's the final nail to the long crumbling coffin.

The star ran home and locked himself in their bathroom. "Shit," he cursed. "I messed up the show."

But surely, his friends didn't mean what they said right?

...

Who was he kidding. They were probably right. "Un-wonderhoy performance", "hypocrite", "not enough"? All true.

And what hurt the most was seeing the love of his life disappointed at him. The last time he saw Rui look at him with disproval was months ago, and still, it hurt all over again.

And if Rui found out he didn't keep his promise? Hah, he'd be shocked if the boy didn't dump him right then and there.

'Maybe I should've done this back then.'

.
.
.

Rui went to the changing rooms to cool off. This was a horrible day, he was stressed and he said some really mean things to his troupemates, and he apologized to all but one.