they get married

(I also posted this on ao3 btw go follow me @ AethersSword)
.
.
.
.

Marriage. The sacred ceremony that binds individuals together for life. The ultimate way of proclaiming one's love to thy partner.

This moment was, to say the least, the best moment in Rui's life. The weather was magnificent, the venue was decorated beautifully, the band played a gentle tune fitting of the occassion, the food in the banquet was delectable, and he was surrounded by all of his friends and family. It was perfect.

But the most perfect one of all, Rui thinks, was the owner of those fiery eyes that were so full of love and passion that gently gazed at him at the end of the aisle. Rui wanted nothing more than to hold his hand, but of course he had to wait for the procession.

10 years of being together led to this moment.

To think this all started from back in highschool, when they both performed in the same troupe with the same dreams. He's thankful for the loud boy that approached him and asked him to do shows with him. He's thankful for the boy that never abandoned him no matter how dangerous Rui might seem. He's thankful for the boy that showed his true feelings to Rui.

Back then, Rui had been afraid of goodbyes. Ever since he and his lover got closer and closer to each other, he dreaded the day that he'd leave. They had similar wishes, but his star had greater aspirations. He was so sure that they'd exchange a painful farewell that if you told his 17 year old self that he'd marry the one he was terrified of saying goodbye to, he'd have a hard time believing you. But here they were.

Rui watched as his groom walked up the aisle and stood next to him before the officiator. The man started speaking, but the words and music go deaf to Rui's ears. He should've focused, but all he could do was concentrate on the man that looked at him with so much love that he felt those orange eyes of his could melt him at any given second.

Rui proclaims his vows. "I, Kamishiro Rui, take you as my husband. For better or for worse, I will stay by you. I will love and cherish you until we are parted by death. I will cry with you, laugh with you, smile with you. I will forgive you as you forgive me, and I will be faithful as you are to me. I promise to be with you in sickness or in health, in good times or bad. I will respect you. For as long as I live, I will love you." he said, filling each word with all the feelings he wishes to convey, because in truth, he could not put those feelings of affection he feels on paper.

His lover follows suit. "I, Tenma Tsukasa, take you as my husband. For better or for worse, I will stay by you. I will love and cherish you until we are parted by death. I will cry with you, laugh with you, smile with you. I will forgive you as you forgive me, and I will be faithful as you are to me. I promise to be with you in sickness or in health, in good times or bad. I will respect you. For as long as I live, I will love you." he says, his voice quieter and more gentle compared to his normal voice. It made the moment feel more... special.

The officiator signals for the rings to be presented. Once they are blessed, Rui takes one and holds his lover's hand. "I, Kamishiro Rui, give you, Tenma Tsukasa, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." he slips the ring delicately. He hears his lover's breath hitch as he tries to stop himself from crying. Tsukasa then takes the other ring and grasps Rui's hand. "I, Tenma Tsukasa, give you, Kamishiro Rui, this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." he reciprocates, gently placing the ring on his finger. They face the officiator, who begins to speak.

"Then, do you, Kamishiro Rui, take Tenma Tsukasa as your husband? For better or for worse, in sickness or in health, till death do you two part, do you promise to give all of you to him as he would to you?"

"I do." Rui answers.

The officiator turns to Tsukasa. "Then, do you you, Tenma Tsukasa, take Kamishiro Rui as your husband? For better or for worse, in sickness or in health, till death do you two part, do you promise to give all of you to him as he would to you?"

"I do." Tsukasa answers.

"Very well, please face each other," the officiator says. The two men turn to look at each other. Golden eyes meet orange ones as they gaze passionately at each other. Rui could feel himself fighting back his tears as he stares at the man he devoted his all to. All those years ago, finally led to this moment. "You may now kiss the groom."

Rui lifts the veil from Tsukasa's face, revealing the man he could only describe as the most ethereal being known to man. He gently cups his cheek and leans into a kiss. A kiss like none they've ever shared for it was one that bound them together for life, one that meant that they have become one with each other. They part, looking at each other softly.

Nothing could top this moment, Rui thinks. No play, no invention, nothing.

.

.

.

>>>Wonderland SEKAI

"UWAAAHHHH CONGRATULATIONS!" Miku cried, pulling the newlywed couple into a lung crushing embrace. "Hey-! Miku!" Tsukasa struggled. "We're all very proud of you both. Good luck you two, we wish you well." KAITO said, looking at the two like a proud father. He hiccuped and wiped his eye. "Please excuse me." he couldn't help but cry either.

After Miku had let the two go and the other Virtual Singers gave them the well wishes, they sat on the bench. Sitting in SEKAI, the place where it all started those ten years ago, now that they've been wed feels nostalgic. To think that all those years ago, they were two teens that bickered and planned shows together with Nene and Emu. And now they were holding hands, gazing at the starry sky above with rings that glistened like them. Rui didn't want to have it any other way.