POV: I vent using 🌟🎈 again because why not

(Fun fact: I've never been in a romantic relationship before)

.

.

.

Tsukasa praised himself a lot and for good reason. He was very much aware that he was attractive, and others were too. And that came with... major downsides to say the least. Tsukasa was still quite naive. And that made him susceptible to horrible people.

Sure, he'd end up as the center of attention that would lead to people, trying to be friendly with him. And who was he to turn down a new friend? Then they'd get all... pushy. They'd put up a fake sense of security and make Tsukasa lower his guard before taking advantage of his trust. He'd been used and toyed with on more occassions than one, he just considered himself luckier than most that he wasn't used in "that" way.

He didn't know why. Why did they toy with him so much? He opened himself, showed them whatever they wanted, gave them a shoulder to cry on, and yet that's how they treat him. Just a side-chick they could have "just in case".

So he built a wall around his heart. He concluded that he simply wasn't worth the love.

But then why.

Why was Rui so alluring to him then? He was so... welcoming, inviting. But he was afraid. He was scared that Rui was like everyone else. He was downright terrified that maybe the person who quite literally has Tsukasa's life in his hands, would be like them.

But Rui had proven his fears wrong, time and time again. He genuinely cared for Tsukasa. He cared in a way nobody else ever did. And he actually enjoyed talking to him. He's never seen anyone he's ever been in a relationship before talk so fondly and happily about him. And he was never pushy. If Tsukasa had a secret, Rui would never force him to tell no matter how curious he was. He let Tsukasa take things slow, let him take it at any pace the actor was comfortable with.

Which is why he's scared.

He doesn't want to lose Rui. He doesn't want him to leave. He doesn't want himself to be taken advantage of ever again.

So he'll keep up his façade. He'll keep up the act of perfection. He'll tighten the walls in his heart, he'll do anything to make sure Rui was happy without exposing himself too much. He'll bury his feelings deep into his heart and put up a confident front.

He doesn't want to be left alone again.