x; more pay over your say

Currently on our way to the secret passage, and Bowser cannot stop boasting about how 'close' him and Princess Peach are. He loved bragging to me about how often he kidnaps her, and how she wants him sooo badly. "Hey, King Bowser, are you still with the no pay policy, even after my brilliant idea?" I have a cheeky smile whilst titling my head to give him more of a guilt trip effect. "Well... my word is my word," he paused, it's obvious he's going to change his mind. "So no."

     Caught off guard is what I was. I had thought we were bonding the past few days, that i've won him over in some categories but clearly not as well as I thought. I gave up on him paying me, but it makes me feel as though what I had to offer with the whole thing wasn't enough. This is where the deal breaks, i'll still get to Peach, but i'll get to Mario first. I'm not backing out of a well paying job because of a big shelled selfish two timing idiot. "Very well, if you don't mind i'd like to walk the ship some more. Toodles." I waved once again smiling to attempt showing we're still on the same side.

     Now, time for finding the dungeon. I have a general idea where it is since I was held in one I assume to be similar. I get L, and we get out of here. I peek my head through a few doors on the way, turning my head ever so often to make sure i'm not being watched. It would be suspicious if I go there alone, especially all quiet like. At the end of the hall were some pretty big doors, and with my luck, it happened to be the right set.

The sight was a bit mind blowing, there are hundreds of people in cages hanging from a very tall ceiling. After scanning the room for a particular green fellow, I found him. "Long time no see, L." His head turned my way, a thousand looks scattering on his face. I couldn't tell if he was angry or happy to see me. Relieved might be a better term. "Oh great it's you, are you here to torment me more?" He rolled his eyes while crossing his arms.

     "We're heading to your brother now, what do you say about a head start?" I raise my eyebrow to convince him better than I did the first time, since I failed horribly. "How much." Bingo. I knew all it would take is a bit of time, he's easy like that. "Twenty Five hundred." It's a ridiculous price, but this has taken days and i'm leaving an already accepted bounty for another. "Are you kidding me?! That's outrageous! I don't have that kind of money!"

     I don't expect him to have that much pocket change, but I do expect him to care for his brothers health and safety. "I could always double it, since it's the second time i'm offering." He immediately shook his head, "Please don't double it! Twenty Five hundred will do! But, seriously, I don't have money like that." Him and his brother don't seem to be around here so money would be an issue for them after all. "Then get a job. You can pay me monthly, like rent."

     I'm not a big fan of IOU's (i owe you), they're not to be trusted. However, I suppose I can make an exception. I have to carefully make my way to his cage, one slip and it was done for me. I was able to get him out, returning to safety. All of the other prisoners were begging to be saved, but I don't have time for all of that. I dragged L out without looking back. Now, let's get the hell out of here.