ix; buckle up for the ride

A few hours have passed by, I ended up taking a small nap as it was very much needed. While I was given a room, which i'm grateful for, it's quite boring in here all alone. I'm a bit intrigued to say the least about the ship, it wouldn't hurt to explore some. I exit the room and started to wander the halls.

     There were paintings that included some gorgeous scenery, as well as beautiful creatures. There were also photos on the wall, one consisted of Bowser himself, he stood tall with a very serious look on his face. And for the rest? Peach. The walls were COVERED in her. Some were even edited to be of him and her together, it seems to be a very sad hobby of his.

     I could use some bleach in my eyes after that. No hate to him or anything cough but it's just too much, he could try to be more subtle about it. I was about to turn a corner but I was stopped in my tracks by this wizard looking Koopa. "Oh- bounty hunter. I was just about to get you, the King says dinner is getting cold."

That's my cue. I'm curious as to what he has prepared to eat, but it's going to be rather boring I can imagine. This probably isn't just a dinner date for two, there is going to be business, just like in the office. He's a fool if he thinks i'll fall for the whole 'tell me your life story' shenanigans again. While I am here for work, it doesn't need events to lead to the climax. Just want to go get her awhile so I can move to the next Kingdom already. I stepped into the elevator and pressed the top floor button.

The doors opened and there was a spacious room with a long table. At one end was Bowser, and the other an empty seat with a full plate. "Please, have a seat." I approached the table and sat down, prepping my napkin and silverware. There was a pretty decent sized steak with potatoes and some mixed vegetables. "I heard you singing earlier." He spit out his drink, choking a bit. His throat was cleared and he began to speak, "you heard that?"

I nodded my head as I stuffed my face. "You must really love her." He seemed embarrassed, twiddling his thumbs and playing with his food. A head nod was given, no words came out of his mouth. Made me think of cliche middle school love. He wrote a song for her, he's loyal and dedicated to only her. If anyone dared to say otherwise or even harm her who knows what he'd do. He has some boyfriend material in him.

"I'm intrigued, so riddle me this. Of all people, why h-" Before I could finish, I was cut off by a blue shelled Koopa. "We have found the Princess and the mustachioed human. He has defeated Donkey Kong, and won the Kong Army. They are heading toward the secret passage." Bowser pushed his seat away immediately, "then we must go to the Mushroom Kingdom, now."

I took a long sip of what happened to be wine and uncrossed my legs. "That won't be necessary." "What.?" He angrily started approaching me, reaching out to grab me where I couldn't break out of his grasp. This didn't scare me, in fact, I wanted to scare him. Put him back in place, per say. I smirked which caught him off guard, "let's just cut her off, or are you too chicken?" He returned a smirk to me, letting go. "Not bad Y/n. To the secret passage, then."