viii; home is where the heart is

\\\
Bowsers pov
///

     Never have I ever encountered another individual who respects my emotional decision. Sure, Kamek and the other Koopas go through with my word but i'm their leader, they must. This strange girl doesn't have to. She belongs to no Kingdom, she doesn't have anyone to look after her and when faced with a King entitled as evil she doesn't show signs of weakness. Do I not scare her even a little?

     But why does that matter? Do I want her to be scared? No. For some odd reason, I want to learn more about her. She's strong to have come this far on her own, and while it's none of my business I want to make it so. She cleared her throat, "King Bowser?" I snapped out of my thoughts and returned to the conversation at hand. "Ah, yes. Thank.. you."

     I'll be the first to admit I don't have the best manners nor gratitude for people, but she's not intruding. Y/n's a thoughtful being, amazing almost. Wait, what am I saying? I don't mean that. "Well, the least I can do is offer you a room more suitable. Follow me." Nobody ever stays here besides some Koopas so there's plenty of spare rooms. I led her to a decent size, not too big or small. Plenty of room to do whatever a young woman needs to do.

     "Woah, this is amazing! Thank you sir!" Her eyes lit up with joy and unconsciously I began to smile. Seeing other people's happiness, those that deserve it anyways, brings me happiness itself. "Join me for dinner later, top floor." Food is something this child- lady, needs; and i'll be sure to feed her all of what she's been missing. Afterall, if I keep my bounty hunter well stable, Princess Peach will be easy to obtain.

\\\
Y/ns pov
///

     I was offered an amazing room with a lot of space, and I was even invited to dinner. But right now, let's focus on the bed! It was HUGE. Five pillows with a fluffy comforter and silky bed sheets, it was a great combination. I wanted to test it out, but my inner child got to it first. Before I knew it, I was jumping up and down on the thing. I thought Bowser had left, but he's still standing there. I immediately hopped down out of embarrassment. "Ahem. I'll see you later, then."

     He chuckled slightly and nodded his head, leaving the room. That was awkward. I continued my small tour of the place and wounded up at the windowsill. The view is amazing, despite the molten lava. The forest was still pretty in its own way, there was something about it that screamed consolation. It reminded me of home, both of my families; but in a good way. I looked up to the sky, searching through the darkened clouds.

     "I miss you guys extra today, I wish you could see this place." Coming to terms with this situation is difficult, I can either hold hope that they're still alive with no solid proof or assume they're dead and grieve. None of them are easy, but accepting is easier than pretending.

\\\
i wrote the first five chapters in a day and now im losing motivation LMAO schools a bitch