vi; are we all that different?

My sleep was interrupted presumably pretty early in the day, no later than seven. "We have business to take care of, please follow me." There's Bowser once again in front of my cell, only holding the door open this time. I step out and follow behind wherever he's leading me next.

"Y/n." If he'd separate my room, perhaps he would protect my identity. Plus, if i'm going to spend a few days with the guy he might as well address me properly. "Sorry?" "My name. It's Y/n." I was checking out all the things in the hall, I didn't notice he looked back at me. I wondered if he was trying to find a response.

"Ahem anyways, Princess Peach will probably gather more troops to come help take you down. She wouldn't use her own citizens, she's probably heading to the Jungle Kingdom. If she's not already there, that is." That is one thing I do not agree with when it comes to her, she's putting other people's lives at risk instead of her own people who have some responsibility. "We'll just have to intercept her."

Looks like that's where we're headed, by ship it should only take two to three days. This is going to be a long journey. We approached two large closed doors, and walked in. It seemed to be his office, the conversation ahead of us was to be a matter of business. "Have a seat, I have some questions for you."

"Which Kingdom are you apart of?"
"None."
"How long have you been doing this?"
"About seven or eight years."
"How old are you?"
"Twenty three."
"Have you ever failed a mission?"
"Never."
"What was your oddest request?"
"To get this guys ex wife back to him."
"Have you ever killed anyone?"
...

The answer was no, but was it really? What is the bottom line of killing someone? "Not directly." I sighed as this seemed to peak his interest. I hate getting into conversations that hold no relevance to anything. "What my clients do isn't my business." "Obviously not. You just do your job, it's your way of surviving."

Silence. What is he to know? Sure, he's a King who has to worry about facing dangers himself but the way he worded that... it's almost as if he's trying to convince me we're the same. We are not. "It's not just that though, is it? There's more to the story you're not telling me." This guy was good, but the untold story was nothing but memories in a distant land. There was nothing to tell, really. "Don't worry about it. Point is, nobody died at my hands. My actions probably caused death, though."

Misfortune is all i've ever known, it follows wherever I go. I wouldn't be surprised if people have died along the way, and while that may suck i'll say this again and again: it's them or me. "I've never killed anyone either, believe it or not." I don't believe it, his place of living is scary and filled with lava and fire. He's brash, and very stubborn. Consistent. "I'm all bark but no bite. I've had my fair share of blood spill, I wouldn't wish that on anyone."

Is he being serious? Just who is this guy? "Poison, suffocation, drowning, hanging etc etc. No blood required." It was dumb of me to suggest other ways of offing someone, not that i'd ever go through with it. I just want him to be aware that I don't believe his lies. He just kind of stared, it was visible he was becoming irritated with my statements. I decided to clear the air, if I was to continue there's no telling how far he'd go. A sigh left my mouth, "me either. Shit stays with you forever." A few more minutes of silence, eye contact being held ever so often. I was twiddling my fingers trying to keep myself from the boredom.

"Tell me about your past."