v; locked up yayyy

"Under one condition." You have got to me kidding me. My smirk turned to a frown instantly, I don't do well with terms. Whenever someone says 'under one condition' it's only what benefits them. I'll be damned if i'm doing extra without a pay increase. "And what's that tough guy?"

     He ignored the half assed insult and brought me closer in proximity. "I'm with you every step of the way." I gasped with not much to say. How do I work when his ship gives everything away? Not to mention this guy is crazy about Princess Peach, who's to say he won't fold and do it himself?

     To fill my empty response he began speaking again. "I don't know you, I don't trust you. This could easily be a trap." He has a point i'll admit it but it's just not right! "Have you not heard of my reputation? I deliver each and every suspect to my clients thank you very much!" This was not enough to persuade him. Looks like I have to be team Bowser for a little while.

     "Kamek, send her to the dungeons." Wait- the what?! I'm going to help this idiot and i'm getting treated poorly? I admit it's better than death but that's amongst other things! I'm not helping this low life idiot for shit if he can't see me as another individual.

///

     Some time has passed and i've done nothing but try to break out of the place. My cell is separated from everyone else at the very least, but it's still not good at all! I heard the door creek along with some footsteps. "How do you like your room?" Bowser made some snarky ass remark about this shit hole i'm supposed to stay in. "This isn't fair, we have a deal don't treat my like an animal!"

     He stands in front of my cell, looking down at- no, on me. He does not see me as an equal whatsoever. He's the animal, yet i'm being treated as one. "Your identity is being protected, it doesn't have to be." I almost never get angry, but this guy has me fuming. I plopped to the ground to get some stable thinking going. Me lashing out will not help, in fact it might make matters worse. I close my eyes as I breathe in and out, there's no way i'm letting this guy get to me.

     "Oh?" He smirked as if me refusing to entertain him, is entertainment itself. "Listen. You don't have to give me a really nice bedroom or a well stocked bathroom and you don't need to feed me for a week and I don't need any beverages" I pause to catch my breath after trying a guilt trip attempt. I made sure for my eyes to meet his, for the best effect of course. "But please.... don't treat me as if i'm not a human being."

     I wasn't intending to tie this whole charade into my trauma, it kind of just happened that way. If I stay down here with no food or water that's that, I lived like that for years. I just really hope it doesn't come to that.

     He seemed taken aback by the requests, which I think means it's working. If anything, he looked a little hurt. "I may be a lot of things, but i'm not a monster." He walked away and left me sitting there absolutely dumbfounded. Not a monster, huh..