Ch. 72 - The Moonlit Sight

Start from the beginning

Not here...

He glanced at the kitchen table only to see it was empty as well, the table clean with the chairs pushed in neatly. Bakugou grunted, about to make his way upstairs before something on the patio caught his eye past the curtains.

Bright blue hair.

He approached the glass door, sliding it open with ease.

There she is.

Hitomi was leaning over the table, her head resting on her arms and breathing softly as she slept.

She looked so... relaxed. And carefree.

A stark difference to how she seemed to be around him lately. As if she had her guard up.

Bakugou stared at her from the doorway, putting his hands in his pockets. He watched as her hair flitted from the slight breeze, the silver moonlight giving her an almost ethereal glow.

And looking at her now, he couldn't help but think the night suited her.

With hair such a deep blue and silver eyes that resembled the moonlight... no other time of day could have fit her better.

Bakugou let out a scoff when he realized what he was thinking, halting his train of thought. His eyes narrowed as he continued to stare at her, noting the way she was sitting. Her back was hunched over the table and her cheek rested against her arms.

"What an idiot," he mumbled.

There was no doubt in his mind that her back was going to hurt tomorrow if she was left like that. And Bakugou, being her designated roommate... was going to be held responsible if she started complaining about it. He was almost sure of that.

And he just didn't want to add another reason... for her to hate him.

Bakugou approached the bluenette, crouching down and proceeding to pick her up.

She was light, and her head lolled to rest on his chest as he carried her inside. She hardly stirred, her lips simply turning up in a soft smile as Bakugou made his way back to their room. His jaw tightened at the sight and he averted his eyes.

God.

Why was it... that she no longer seemed to smile like this around him when she was awake? Why was it that instead he caught nervous glances, frowns, her averting her gaze?

It pissed him off.

Bakugou shouldered the door open, kicking it shut behind him with his foot. He laid Hitomi down on the bed, haphazardly tossing the blanket over her before walking over to his own side and climbing in. As he stared at the ceiling of the canopy bed again, he felt his mind begin to drift off.

Unsurprisingly, it drifted to the girl sleeping next to him.

He thought they were... friends.

It was something he assumed as a given up until this trip.