Ch. 72 - The Moonlit Sight

Start from the beginning

"Anyways... it's getting late," the blonde said, stifling a yawn. "I think it's time for us to go to sleep."

"Oh... already?" Hitomi mumbled. "But... it's not that late over here..."

"Yeah, I can still stay up..." Yoshiho added, her voice sounding groggy.

"Yoshiho, you're literally drooling," Nari laughed.

Yoshiho's hand moved to wipe her mouth, looking to find she had, in fact, been drooling. "Oh, my bad..."

"We've both got work tomorrow anyways. And Hitomi, you've got your flight back to Japan too, right? So we should all get some rest."

"I guess you're right about that," Hitomi relented, letting out a large yawn. Yoshiho rubbed at her eyes, nodding in agreement.

"Good night, you guys!"

"Good night."

"Night..."

The three of them all hung up, Hitomi sighing as she set her phone down. She leaned forward, resting her arms on the table as her gaze moved to the sky. It was a dark blue, almost black, with white lights of the stars dotting the sky, and it was then that Hitomi realized she hadn't had the chance to stargaze as much lately. She rested her chin on her arms, sighing to herself.

She was still tired, of course, her eyelids fluttering as she struggled to stay awake, but she figured staying outside for a little bit longer couldn't hurt.

----------

Bakugou stared at the ceiling of the canopy bed, his eyes narrowed.

He had been trying to fall asleep for the past two hours, but for some reason it just wasn't happening.

Actually, wait. He knew the reason.

It was that blue-haired bastard he was sharing a room with.

He kept finding his mind drifting back to her, back to when she'd yelled at him and when she'd apologized.

She'd apparently said she'd hated him in Tagalog, but then backtracked and said she didn't mean any of it.

Bakugou tched, scrunching the blanket in his hand as his frown deepened.

So did Hitomi hate him, or not?

She sounded... genuine, when she apologized. But as she was doing that, Bakugou noticed something.

She avoided looking him in the eye.

All Bakugou could think about while she was apologizing was that she wasn't looking at him, as if she wasn't acknowledging him, and frankly, that pissed him off. It pissed him off enough that he didn't exactly accept her apology, just scoffed and said he didn't care.

But... she had seemed so hurt at that.

Bakugou turned his head to glance at the space next to him, a pillow in the middle of the bed like he had done the night before.

Hitomi still wasn't back yet.

Where the hell was she...?

It was already almost 11:40.

He sat up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed and cursing to himself.

She sure is taking her sweet fucking time.

He got up from the bed, running a hand through his hair as he made his way to the door. It creaked open as he stepped out of the room, the house flooded in darkness and silence. Bakugou walked down the hall, making his way to the living room and cursing to himself all the while. As he approached, he found it was empty, not a person in sight.