Frat boys in Knickers? (Bonus Edition)

Start from the beginning

I looked at him then at the stage. The junior/senior set would be on in 8 minutes so that gave him 3 to talk and gave me 5 to go get a refill on my drink before they started. “Fine.” I said as I turned to Jess, “Going for a refill you need something?” Jess shook her head and smiled, “Hurry back the boys are up next.” I nodded and smiled as I got up with Zayn following.

I walked to a small hall were the bathroom were and stopped, “You have 3 minutes.” Zayn looked around, “This isn’t exactly private.”

“Do I care? You should be damn happy that I agreed to talk to you in the first place.”

Zayn looked at me and smiled, “You have really grown into yourself. I like it.” Looking at my watch I said, “2 minutes and 40 seconds.”

Zayn took a breath “How have you been Kitten?”

I looked at him, “I doubt that’s really what you wanted to speak ‘privately’ about. What do you really want? Why are you here?” I asked.

Zayn looked at me and smiled, “It’s been 4 years kitten; I thought I’d swing by and say hey.” I looked at Zayn and thought, 4 years. 4 years since that night, and 4 years that I will never get back. “This was a mistake.” I said as I took a step sideways. Zayn quickly stepped forward brushing his hand over my cheek, “What’s the rush love. We still have 2 minutes left.”

I closed my eyes and moved back, “Don’t touch me, don’t ever touch me.”

Zayn licked his lips, “You know I always loved it when you got defensive with me. It’s a major turn on kitten.” I rolled my eyes and turned to walk off, “Look just leave me alone, go and finish watching the show, and forget that you ever knew me.”

Zayn looked at me and said, “Don’t tell me you’re still upset.” I stopped and spun around, “Damn right I’m still upset. Why shouldn’t I be?” I said trying not to yell and draw attention to us.

“It’s been 4 damn years, get over it.”

I stepped toward Zayn, “Get over it? How the hell am I going to get over it? You…” I stopped; I couldn’t even begin to finish that sentence. I took a breath and said, “Why are you here Zayn, and don’t give me that bullshit that you missed me.”

Zayn looked at me, “But what if that’s the reason?”

“If that’s the reason, which I doubt it is, and then I suggest you forget about missing me, forget that you ever knew me, and just leave.” I said as footsteps ran up. I turned around to see James. “What’s the matter?” I asked.

“Max said to find you. Our DJ is barfing up a storm and we need a new DJ and quick.” Said James nearly out of breath.

“Shit.” I said running my hands in my hair, “Did you call Austin?”

“He is out of town.”

“What about Paul?”

“Wife just had their baby.”

“Peter?”

“Broke his leg hiking 3 days ago.”

“Damn it! Then what are we going to do?” I stood there trying to think when Zayn cleared his throat, “I can DJ.” I spun around facing him, “No. Hell no!”

“Look kitten you need a DJ and I’m here, push whatever crap you have between us back for an hour, or this event is going to crash and burn.” Not taking my eyes off him a cursed silently, “Fine, James go and show him the booth.”

Zayn smiled as James began showing him the way, “Thanks this means a lot man, by the way I’m James.” James sticks out his hand to Zayn who takes it and says, “The pleasure is mine mate, and the name is Zayn.” James looked at the guy and glanced back at me worried as I sighed and leaned against the wall, God please make sure Max doesn’t do anything stupid tonight after the show.