Chapter 29 : I Stayed

Third Person's P.O.V :-

The vibration of the phone jerked Jimin awake from his light daze like sleep. His alarm was going off.

Taehyung was still in his arms with his back pressed against Jimin's chest, sleeping peacefully.

Jimin observed the steady inhale and exhale of breath of his bedmate with bittersweet fondness as he leaned in to lightly kiss the top of Taehyung's head. He paused there for a second, just basking in the fleeting moment before he reluctantly pulled himself away and sat up on the bed.

Taehyung's brows frowned at the absence of warmth as he unconsciously searched around for the source of it. Jimin softly smiled at the predictable behavior and grabbed another pillow from the other side to put it behind Taehyung's back, watching as the search ceased.

Standing up from the bed, Jimin headed into the bathroom to wash his face. The alarm was for him to go on a jog, since he was an office worker it was extremely hard for him to pull time out to exercise, therefore, he often opted for going on morning jogs to keep on top of his routines.

In the past, whenever he woke up he'd always find Taehyung in the kitchen already going through the fridge, pulling out ingredients to make breakfast and his lunchbox but situations were different now, very different.

Splashing some water on his face, Jimin leaned against the sink, his body strangely feeling way more exhausted than it felt yesterday, even though all he did was lie down in one spot for seven hours.

He watched the water drain out of the sink and glanced up at the mirror to look at his reflection, the dark circles around his eyes were starting to become noticeable.

After what took place last night, one thing was for sure he could not wait around for a week for Jungkook to get discharged from the hospital. Taehyung's emotions were too turbulent and Jimin, himself, didn't know how long he could keep his resolve firm.

The suit needed to be filed. That very day.

A while later, Jimin walked out of the washroom, now in a tracksuit and once again stopped in front of the bed as he watched his husband sleep peacefully. He remembered the words Taehyung had voiced out in a state of desperation last night.

"I'm scared I'll wake up in the morning and you won't be in the house!"

It might take him a while to come back home and Taehyung did have a habit of waking up early, Jimin guessed he was sleeping more than usual because of the medicines but that didn't guarantee he'd stay asleep till Jimin came back.

He couldn't risk a morning meltdown on the very same day he was planning on visiting the lawyer. He needed to leave a message behind informing Taehyung of his whereabouts in case he woke up.

Jimin vaguely remembered he used to keep some sticky notes in the guest room closet for labeling Jungkook's medicine containers. Stepping out of the room to retrieve it, Jimin quickly found it on the spot he last remembered seeing it and jotted down a message for Taehyung with the pen that rested beside the sticky note.

"Going on a morning jog, I'll be back with breakfast"

Walking back in the bedroom, Jimin wondered where the best place would be to stick the note on, until he finally settled on sticking it on Taehyung's hand and quietly left the room.
____________________________

Jimin sat over one of the park benches as he tried to catch up on his breath, he had a lot going on in his mind. He had so much to do and over that he had an office to attend as well. Everything just seemed way too much to him, he desperately needed a break.