Chapter 18 : I Only Have You

Third Person's P.O.V :-

"Brother Taehyung, is the new house guest your friend too?"

Taehyung stopping in the middle of dishwashing, when he heard the question coming from his youngest cousin.

He leaned away from hovering over the sink and looked back at her,"What do you mean, Soohee?" He asked with increasing paranoia as he peeled the gloves from his hands, momentarily pausing his assigned chore.

"When I went to get him this morning, he asked for you instead of Young Master, Jimin, so I was wondering if he was your friend too" Soohee said as she walked closer and placed some extra dirty dishes in the sink which she had been holding the entire time.

"N-no, he's not my friend, you're aware that the people from Seoul are different than us, right? They don't believe in traditions like we do, that's why in his eyes I'm the same as Master Jimin" Taehyung quickly conjured up another lie, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

This was exactly what he was afraid of. People catching on.

He tried his best to fill in all the gaps to the best of his abilities but he feared that one day everyone will find out and he'd be unable to get out solely because of how deep he had spiraled in with constant lies.

Soohee frowned,"Then he's not your friend?" She asked instead,"He said he was and I told him you'd be here" She provided.

"What?" Taehyung asked feeling someone was tightly squeezing his gut,"You told him I was here?" He asked again slowly feeling the edge settling in,"When-when did you tell him?!" He asked out in an anxious tone, feeling like he was on the brink of a nervous breakdown.

Soohee got startled by Taehyung's harsh tone and looked down tears welling up in his eyes,"Sho-should I not have? What do I do, I-I told him to follow me here, he's standing in the doorway of the back door!" She said and looked up at Taehyung with her teary eyes,"Di-did I do something bad? A-are they going to punish me?!" She sobbed out.

Taehyung felt his stomach drop. Jungkook was in that room with him. Standing in the doorway of the back door. Fortunately the back door was hidden behind shelves and curtains and a hallway separated it from the main room.

Taehyung felt a little relieved at the thought that no one might have seen Jungkook while Taehyung was busy cleaning dishes.

"N-no, they won't punish you but from next time don't lead house guests into kitchen areas, okay?" He asked, trying his best to smile so that Soohee would think things were okay.

"Rea-really?" Soohee sniffed a little and looked up at Taehyung.

"Yes, really, now go back to your mom and see if she needs your assistance in anything, I'll take care of the dishes and lead the house guest to his quarter" Taehyung gently reassured,"But you must promise to never tell this to anybody otherwise they'll scold you" He warned, effectively getting the girl to keep quiet about the matter.

"Okay! I'll be going then!" Soohee quickly said and rushed out of there, a little nervous herself.

Taehyung watched her leave and looked around the kitchen to make sure no one else was there. After confirming nobody else was there cooking or cleaning something in the other rooms, he slowly made his way towards the back door.

And there he was. Jungkook. Leaning against the wall as he waited for Taehyung.

Jungkook looked like he was spacing out while staring at the floor and was broken out of his daze when Taehyung's feet stepped into his vision.

The eye contact was wordless until Taehyung heard Jungkook draw in a quivering breath.

Taehyung watched with a guilty conscience as Jungkook's eyes turned glassy,"Are you trying to hurt me?" Jungkook choked out while he had Taehyung pinned under his blurry vision,"You can stop, rejection would have hurt less than whatever you're doing right now" He whispered and sniffed a little.