Chapter 24 : Can't Fix It

Third Person's P.O.V :-

Taehyung felt like his entire world came crashing down the moment his eyes met Jimin's gaze.

Jimin was crying. Jimin, who had been nothing but nice to him his entire life, was crying. Taehyung gave him a reason to cry.

"Ji-Jimin...!" Taehyung gasped out unable to breathe. His chest was tightening up so fast, he felt like the air around him was trying to compress him.

For a moment, Taehyung desperately hoped it was a very long nightmare. This could not be happening.

He tried his best.

He tried his utmost best to protect his marriage, to protect his friendship, to protect Jimin from the cruel truth. Jimin deserved none of it.

But it was reality and reality was unforgiving.

Jimin found out.

Those tears streaming down his cheeks were all the evidence one needed.

"N-no...!" Taehyung sobbed out unwilling to accept the situation,"No no no no no NO NO NO NO!!" He wailed out in agony, rapidly punching the floor in regret till his knuckles started to bleed.

Jimin watched his husband cry and break down on the floor with disconsolated eyes before slowly turning to gaze towards Jungkook who stood at the doorway with his head bowed down and eyes downcasted, not brave enough to face the situation as boldly as he had claimed a few moments ago.

Jimin, himself unable to utter a single word, just stood there in silence.

He remembered arguing with his grandmother about his marriage just a while ago.

.
.
.
.
"Can you seriously not marry a girl from a reputed family? Can't you even try?" Park Jihye had asked casually while she served him his meal.

Jimin gritted his teeth at her words,"I'm already married" He said a bit rudely making Jihye raise her brows at the tone.

"A marriage between two men, still sounds ridiculous" She said pouring a glass of water for Jimin,"A good woman could give you everything a man can't, children, love, a beautiful home, loyalty, commitment" She whispered the last part with a bit of disgust as she went to sit across from Jimin.

Jimin poked his tongue through his inner cheek in annoyance and glared at his grandmother,"Taehyung has already provided me all those, and children? We can just adopt when we're ready" He replied, trying to stay as calm as he possibly could.

Jihye smiled at him, almost mockingly,"Is that what you think?" She asked, getting amused at her grandson.

"That's what I believe" Jimin gritted out, becoming angrier by the second,"Just what are you trying to get at?!" He finally snapped.

"Your poor judgement of character is concerning and childish, your empathy and kind heart will end up becoming the cause of your downfall" Jihye boldly stated pushing some pictures towards Jimin which were already laid out on the table.

"Choose your pick" She uttered out in a strict voice. The pictures were of young eligible women, no doubt from reputed families.

Jimin was fuming at her actions,"What nonsense is this?" He hissed out, scrowling at her,"I have a husband!" He yelled standing up from his seat.